5201 Old York Road
Pathways to Housing PA (PTHPA) is a non-profit agency located in the Logan section of Philadelphia. The mission of PTHPA is to empower people with disabilities to improve their housing stability, increase wellness, and to reclaim their lives. Housing First – As simple as it is revolutionary!
Grace and kindness are simple words but sometimes the practice of grace and kindness is not so simple, especially when facing great personal and professional challenges. Yet, those are the words that define how we do our work, and those are words that define our employees, who never cease to amaze us or to give us hope, especially as we continue to expand our work to include others in desperate need. This expansion has created many new and exciting opportunities!
Position Summary: Service Coordinators are members of a non-fidelity Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team and work together to provide recovery-oriented services in a flexible, compassionate, and responsible manner to formerly homeless individuals who have psychiatric disabilities and often abuse substances. This position will serve to supplement the staff on the ACT teams and may provide services, as needed, to clients on any of the teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with participants in the formulation of a comprehensive service plan that is reviewed and modified with that person on a regular basis.
- Provide outreach, service coordination, counseling, advocacy, and other needed services to participants in any environment including the streets, shelters, prisons, hospitals, apartments, office, etc.
- Provide individually tailored participant-driven services to each client—i.e. housing placement, independent living skills, vocational guidance, appointment escorts, family counseling, etc.
- Make regular home visits, as well as accompany clients to medical appointments and treatment facilities visits as appropriate.
- Maintain written and computerized records, compile reports and complete other program documentation (including case notes, statistics, letters, psychological evaluations, etc.).
- Coordinate and monitor referrals to community services, and advocate client participation in them.
- Educate, inform and advocate for participants regarding benefits and entitlements (Social Security, Public Assistance, food stamps, etc.).
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Participate in some activities outside of “normal business hours.”
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
- BA/BS, RN, in Social Work, Psychology, Criminal Justice, Gerontology or related field.
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations.
- Demonstrated expertise in case management, supportive housing and client advocacy.
- Ability to work with diverse populations including clients and staff in critical and emergency situations.
- Sensitive to cultural, economic, gender, and sexual orientation differences
- Career experience in social services, supported housing, or with persons with disabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and computer skills.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
PTHPA offers very generous paid time off, medical and dental insurance, a 3% non-matching employer contribution to 401(k), and many others!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter(including salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Service Coordinator in the subject line.