Full Time Contract
The Endeavor Insight team is currently looking for short-term Contract Research Assistants to study entrepreneurs who reached scale in traditionally underrepresented groups in the United States. This project is sponsored by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, and is conducted as part of the of the Global Entrepreneurship Research Network.
The Contract Research Assistants will be working a minimum of 30 hours per week from early February through May, and will ideally be out of the Endeavor Global office in New York City, working directly with the Endeavor Insight Team. They will conduct interviews, send out surveys, and research companies and interview founders. Duties will include:
- Conducting interviews with founders across sectors in the US
- Researching companies and their founders
- Conducting and tracking email outreach
- Helping the Insight team clean and organize survey data
- Conducting research on successful entrepreneurship support programs around the world.
- Recent graduates, with a strong academic record and an interest in research.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong writing skills in English.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Experience and ability with Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in economic development or entrepreneurship is a plus.
Candidates will be interviewed beginning ASAP and notified of final decisions by late March. Interviews are conducted on a rolling basis.
Compensation will be competitive.
About Endeavor Insight
The Insight team, Endeavor’s internal consulting and research arm, seeks to drive Endeavor’s growth by:
- Demonstrating high-impact entrepreneurship’s potential to drive job creation and economic growth;
- Influencing the public policy discourse to improve conditions for high-impact entrepreneurs; and,
- Proving Endeavor’s impact using financial and economic metrics.
The Endeavor Insight team includes former consultants from firms such as Bain and economics researchers with experience in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Insight actively collaborates with the rest of the Endeavor team, which includes individuals with for-profit experience at Goldman Sachs, Google and Bloomberg, and non-profit experience with Innovations for Poverty Action, Ashoka, TechnoServe, and the Acumen Fund.
Established in 1997, Endeavor is a global non-profit leading the high-impact entrepreneurship movement around the world. With an award-winning model for private-sector development, Endeavor has screened 40,000+ candidates and selected 1,500+ entrepreneurs from 900+ companies in 27 countries. Endeavor Entrepreneurs are collectively responsible for 650,000 high-value jobs and generated more than $10 billion in annual revenues in 2016. Endeavor’s model catalyzes a chain reaction in the larger economy—driving investment, creating role models, and incubating the next Silicon Valley in Rio or Cape Town, Cairo or Jakarta. For more information on our model, please visit: http://endeavor.org/model/ourmodel
Level of Language Proficiency
Candidates should be fluent in English and possess strong writing skills in English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All applicants should prepare a cover letter explaining why they want to work at Endeavor and why they are the best candidate for this position. Applicants should submit this cover letter and a resume through our online application at http://endeavor.org/work-with-us Due to the overwhelming amount of applications, we can only respond directly to select applicants. No calls please, and best of luck!