Details: Salary DOE
1402 Third Ave
Do you think Washington should lead the nation with smart, progressive policies that build a just society, thriving communities, and a better future for our kids? Do you want a political climate that supports bold progressive leadership and demands accountability?
Fuse is hiring an Operations Director to support our team. The successful candidate will be able to manage complex finances and office operations in a fast-paced campaign style environment.
The Operations Director is responsible for the day-to-day financial activity and general operations of the Fuse family of organizations, including a 501(c4), 501(c3), and PAC. This includes general bookkeeping, human resources, campaign compliance support, office administration, and technology support. The Operations Director will also help build organizational systems to increase efficiency and support compliance. This position reports to the Deputy Director and will work directly with our CPA and Executive Director as needed.
· Accounts receivable and accounts payable, bank deposits, and check printing
· Payroll processing and payroll tax filings and payments (IRS, ESD, L&I, DOR)
· Corporate and charity renewals and licensing, property tax filings
· SIMPLE IRA employee deferrals and employer matching
· Bank deposits and account reconciliations
· Summarizing financial data for supervisors and budget monitoring
· Staff reimbursements
· Supports campaign finance compliance and reporting
· Assists with IRS form filings (990, 1099 etc.)
Operations and Human Resources
· Benefits management (Insurance, transit, retirement)
· Identify opportunities for operational efficiencies and systems development, including strengthening reporting and tracking systems across the organizations
· New employee and contractor enrollment/termination paperwork and equipment setup
· Office IT support, including Wi-Fi, phones, projector, copier, and computer troubleshooting
· Office access management (Building and office keys, etc.)
· Monitoring of Fuse general voicemail
· Miscellaneous administrative assignments
· Scheduling assistance, as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES:
· Strong bookkeeping skills and experience, including proficiency with Quickbooks
· Understanding of accrual and cash-basis accounting
· Experience working with/for non-profit organizations
· Experience working with multiple related entities
· Proficient with basic office technology maintenance and troubleshooting
· Detail oriented and comfortable managing multiple projects at once
· Strong organizational skills and experience building systems to increase organizational efficiency
· Ability to problem solve and think critically
· Comfortable and proficient with technology, including QuickBooks, Intuit, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and Slack.
· Team oriented with a good sense of humor
· Support of Fuse’s mission and interest in our work
· Experience with 501c3/501c4/PAC organization model
· Experience with federal, state, and local campaign finance reporting
Fuse Washington (www.fusewashington.org) is the state’s largest progressive organization – people creating change online, on the ground, and on issues that matter. Our goal is to make sure progressives win more often. We want the kinds of electoral and policy wins that build strong families, a secure middle class, and a better future for our children. Our work makes it possible to win important campaigns on critical issues – like defeating an ultra-conservative, homophobic, anti-environmental state Supreme Court Justice, electing a progressive majority in the state Legislature, extending light rail to the Eastside, or closing a tax loophole for Wall Street Banks instead of cutting basic health care for children.
Fuse offers excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a retirement package with employer match and generous paid vacation and sick time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Operations Director.” We will consider applications as they arrive with priority consideration given to applications received by November 11, 2018.
This position will start as soon as possible. Please send all questions regarding this position to Lauren Currin, email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
Fuse Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex are particularly urged to apply.