The Institute for Health and Recovery (IHR) is a nationally-renowned, award-winning agency that specializes in innovative services, training and evaluation focused on addressing the unique needs of underserved families, women and youth. IHR’s CARF accredited treatment programs provide holistic interventions for hard to reach and high-risk individuals and families. Our mission is to develop a comprehensive continuum of care for individuals, youth, and families affected by alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use, violence/trauma, mental health challenges, and other health issues.
The Family Support Specialists for Project RISE will work collaboratively with program partners to identify homeless or marginally housed families in need of services at shelters and other locations in Gloucester, Haverhill, and Peabody; engage families in trauma-informed substance use and co-occurring disorders by providing counseling and therapeutic services at shelters, scattered sites and other community sites; participate in collecting clinical, baseline and follow-up data on each family and implement family centered service planning designed to stabilize family.
NOTE: This is a part time, 24 hour/week position and is based in IHR’s Lowell office.
Reports to: Project Coordinator; RISE
▪ Work collaboratively with program partners to identify families in need of services.
▪ Engage families in trauma-informed substance use and co-occurring disorders by providing counseling, case management, case coordination and therapeutic services at shelters and scattered sites and other sites in the community.
▪ Participate in collecting clinical, baseline and follow-up data on each family.
▪ Implement family-centered service planning designed to stabilize family.
▪ Use Evidence Based Practices in treatment with families, including Motivational Interviewing (MI), Attachment Self-Regulation and Competence (ARC), Child Parent Psychotherapy (CPP), Nurturing Program (NP), and Seeking Safety (SS)
▪ Meet regularly with other staff, Assistant Director, Project Director, and Principal Investigator.
▪ Work closely with evaluation contractor.
▪ Communicate with IHR’s main office in Cambridge through use of shared online calendars, sign in – out board, time sheets, and check in/out with supervisor;
▪ Attend team and agency staff meetings
▪ Regular attendance and punctuality is required
▪ Other related duties
▪ Problem Solving
▪ Development and Continual Learning
▪ Adaptability and Flexibility
▪ Valuing Diversity
▪ Customer Focus
▪ Master’s degree in in social work, counseling, psychology, public health or related field;
▪ Professional clinical license strongly preferred (LICSW, LMHC)
▪ Experience with homeless families strongly preferred
▪ Experience in family-centered substance-use and mental health treatment
▪ Ability to work with a range of service providers to design a cohesive, family-centered service plan
▪ Skills in Motivational Interviewing, strengths-based, trauma-informed service delivery
▪ Knowledge of MA homeless providers, agencies and services a plus
▪ Previous experience working in multi-cultural environments and in community-based, non-profit organizations
Other Requirements: (If Applicable)
▪ Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and regular access to a reliable vehicle;
▪ Business Class Rider on Motor Vehicle Insurance, if transporting clients (within one month of start of job)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit: stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift products and supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
IHR offers a rewarding work environment with competitive salary, generous benefits and a strong commitment to diversity. IHR is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create and welcoming a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Institute for Health and Recovery (IHR) is a nationally-renowned, award-winning agency that specializes in innovative services, training and evaluation focused on addressing the unique…