Respond, Inc is looking for a Baking and Pastry Chef Instructor for our Camden, NJ facility. The responsibilities of the position include prepare and present baking and pastry products, preparing, and revising course guides and and developing the intellectual property of Respond, Inc. Baking and Pastry Chef will also provide professional and career advice for students pursuing careers in the food service industry, assist students who are having difficulty and honor the policies and procedures of Respond, Inc.
- Prepare and execute daily classes in a manner consistent with the philosophy, policies, and guidelines of Respond, Inc.
- Continually participate in the assessment process of the student’s educational development/goals as it relates to the needs of the Baking and Pastry Culinary program as well as the overall needs of Respond, Inc.
- Work individually with students who require assistance as well as provide career guidance for students who want to be Baking and Pastry Chefs.
- Provide regular and useful feedback to students in an objective, consistent, and timely manner; evaluate and document student performance using established methods and criteria.
- Conduct instruction and food preparation in a quality manner within budgetary limits.
- Supervise students in preparing quality food within Respond, Inc’s organizational guidelines.
- Enforce sanitation principles (appropriate to teaching assignment), attendance policies, professionalism, uniform, and hygiene policy, and other organizational policies.
- Assume responsibility for equipment and facilities of the kitchen, bakeshop and or pastry shop
- Remain current with developments in the food service and hospitality industries; plan annual professional development; and strive to accomplish the goals set out for Respond's Baking and Pastry Culinary program.
- Contribute to the growth of Respond, Inc by serving on committees or task forces, assisting with visitors, recommending students to potential employers
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and performance
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Baking and Pastry or Culinary Arts. with certification
- A minimum of eight (2) years’ experience which includes some managerial level duties and responsibilities in the Food Service/Hospitality Industry with a strong focus on Baking and Pastry.
- Baking/Pastry production and prior training experience is required.
- Certification in one of the following - Certified Culinary Educator (CCE) Certified Higher Education Professional (CHEP) or Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE).
- ServSafe certification