Details: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
167 West 89th Street
The Community Arts Partnerships (CAP) Director is responsible for the direction and oversight of all artistic and administrative aspects of Ballet Hispánico’s community arts programs. This includes partnerships with local and national schools and communities. A member of Ballet Hispánico’s senior leadership team, this position reports to the Artistic Director / CEO and oversees a team of two staff members.
- Design and direct the implementation of all community arts programming, including K-12 school residencies, after-school programs, professional development workshops, and company tour partnerships.
- Building on the existing core programs’ successful foundation, develop strategies to position Ballet Hispánico as a leader in the national education arena.
- Create, in tandem with the Artistic Director and the Director of the School of Dance, strong curriculum designs and a teaching methodology that is connected to our founding principles.
- Develop and oversee the training of CAP teaching artists.
- Oversee the creation of all program materials, including study guides and curriculum designs.
- Provide ongoing evaluation of the program and implement current arts education assessment tools.
- Cultivate and sustain enduring partnerships with schools, performance venues, cultural organizations and universities.
- Build and steward relationships with community leaders, public officials, program partners, and CAP funders.
- Supervise and evaluate CAP staff members.
- Forge a strong working relationship with the rest of Ballet Hispánico’s senior team.
- In collaboration with the AD/CEO, lead the development of BH Communities and Neighborhoods as outlined in Ballet Hispánico’s strategic plan.
- Serve as Ballet Hispánico’s representative to the greater NYC and national dance education community.
- Manage the departmental budget, ensuring fiduciary integrity across all CAP programs.
- Lead in the creation of narratives and budgets for grant proposals that clearly represent the activities and goals of CAP programs.
- Work with the External Affairs to promote awareness of CAP activities and Ballet Hispanico’s longstanding commitment to community arts education.
- 4-year degree in Dance, Dance Education, or Arts administration and at least three years of leadership experience.
- A strong background in the development and evaluation of educational programs.
- Familiarity with current dance education practices in other communities across the country.
- Culturally competent in relating to diverse populations.
- Strong knowledge of arts education standards and the NYC Blueprint for Dance Education – Dance preferred.
- Deep understanding of New York City Department of Education contracts, policies and programs.
- A command of both the English and the Spanish languages
Ballet Hispanico provides an excellent benefits package, including individual medical, dental, and vision insurance, 403B plan, and paid time off.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Joshua Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "CAP Director". No phone calls, please.