Details: Commensurate with experience
250 Valencia Street
The San Francisco Friends School, an independent Quaker K-8 school located in the Mission district of San Francisco, seeks a personable, organized and detail-oriented individual to fill the role of Receptionist and Administrative Assistant. The Receptionist/Assistant will work with the entire school community and in close collaboration with the Director of Finance and Operations to create a welcoming first impression of the Friends community and ensure the safe and smooth flow of traffic throughout the school.
The Receptionist role (80%): Individual is responsible for screening visitors to ensure a safe environment and greeting all guests in a warm and welcoming manner including parents, students, vendors, prospective students/families and others on campus. In addition, the front desk is responsible for mail, supplies ordering, managing the facilities calendar and other administrative tasks. Exceptional reliability a must.
Administrative Assistant role (20%): The Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the business office which includes filing, special projects and other support for faculty and staff.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree (highly preferred), superb customer service skills, excellent organizational skills/attention to detail, proficiency in MS office and Google Docs and the utmost sensitivity to confidential information. Ability to multi-task/prioritize required and must have a can-do, problem solving orientation. Experience working with teachers and elementary aged children a plus, at minimum an authentic interest in becoming part of the team and engaging in the work we do. Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
RECEPTIONIST PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with the public on a daily basis, with a positive, engaging outlook – primarily in person but also by phone, and by email. Direct visitors as appropriate, respond to a wide variety of questions and create an excellent first impression for SFFS.
- Offer courteous, efficient and friendly support to ensure customer satisfaction
- Monitor cameras and visitors to ensure all visitors have a legitimate reason to be on campus and we maintain a safe environment for students/staff.
- Oversee facilities calendar and room reservations and communicate event details to Facilities and Technology staff; manage calendar conflicts with Director of Finance
- Reads email daily so as to be up to date on events and attend school events/meetings as required
- Collect daily attendance cards and check in late students, sends to Registrar
- Point person for first floor emergency team, takes administrator attendance in case of emergency; records drills
- Administers basic first-aid (band-aids, Ice etc.) and keep first aid log up to date
- Orders general office supplies and keeps Hub/Pub well supplied and organized including materials, form etc.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail, call for special pick-ups
- Maintains lost and found and encourages pick up of items
- Maintains walkie-talkie set and keeps charged for carpool
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage DMV checks for volunteer field trip drivers, collects field trip permission slips
- Support the Business office in tracking key compliance documents (e.g., Insurance Certificates, etc.)
- Follow-up on missing documents (timesheets, forms, etc.)
- Clerical support for Business Office and others
- Handle sensitive, personal information with complete confidentiality and discretion
- Special projects as may be assigned
- Reliable and timely attendance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent strongly preferred, with two to three years of relevant administrative experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a sense of humor, good judgement, patience, discretion
- Ability to communicate clearly and warmly in-person, through email and by phone
- Strong organization skills, including excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task across multiple projects and manage shifting priorities
- Self-starter with a solutions-orientation, asks questions/offers alternatives
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member
- Strong sense of professionalism and maturity
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Microsoft (Word/Excel)
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings/weekends/overtime a plus
- Spanish a plus
The San Francisco Friends School welcomes all students and staff and does not discriminate based on ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability in the administration of its educational policies, enrollment or hiring.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required