200 Inner Belt Road
Clinical Outreach Associate at OpenBiome
OpenBiome is a nonprofit stool bank, expanding clinical access to fecal transplants and catalyzing research on the human microbiome. Fecal microbiota transplantation (FMT) is a promising new therapy for C. difficile, the most common hospital-acquired infection in the country. OpenBiome provides microbiota preparations to clinicians performing FMT, and supports clinical trials and basic research investigating new applications of microbiome-based therapies.
Five years ago, OpenBiome started the first public stool banking service, and we have grown to redefine the standard of care for this emerging field. Today, we support FMT programs at over 1000 medical centers across all 50 states and 7 countries, and have delivered over 30,000 treatments for recurrent C. difficile patients. We have also developed a new oral formulation for delivering FMT, published dozens of scholarly works and have supported over 30 clinical studies to identify new applications for FMT. As the leader in this exciting new field, OpenBiome is uniquely positioned to continue to expand access to care and discover new applications for microbial interventions. We are searching for passionate teammates eager to support this mission.
Position Description & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a full-time Clinical Outreach Associate to help maintain and cultivate our rapidly evolving network of more than 1000 clinical partners. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, mission-driven, a quick learner, detail-oriented, and a great multitasker. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging with doctors and hospital staff by phone and email to address clinical and logistical questions and concerns regarding FMT
- Processing orders and providing support throughout the ordering process
- Onboarding new clinical partners with OpenBiome and helping establish a successful FMT program at their facility
- Managing and growing relationships with partners at both the facility and network levels
- Acting as the ‘face’ of OpenBiome to our clinical network and potential clinical partners
- Working with a small team of other associates to troubleshoot issues in a customer-centric and efficient manner
- Opportunities to be involved in/spearhead projects in the public health field
- Supporting patient inquiries by phone and email
- Managing and entering inventory tracking and clinical safety data
- Opportunities to be involved in cross-functional projects with other OpenBiome Teams
- The Clinical Outreach Associate is an entry-level role, ideally for candidates with a BA/BS degree and 0-2 years of experience in sales, communications, and/or relationship management
- Demonstrated interest in nonprofit management, sales, business development, and/or the life sciences
- Customer-centric mindset and willingness to engage enthusiastically and confidently with partners via both oral and written communication
- Ability to learn quickly and articulate technical topics with confidence
- Passion, humility, and excitement for to accomplish what needs to be done to meet a great public health need
- Ability to multitask and work in an organized and efficient manner
- Open to receiving both formal and informal feedback from peers and management
- Strong writing skills
- Must demonstrate patience and empathy toward patients reaching out to OpenBiome
- Must be legally eligible for work in the United States
OpenBiome is an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
This is a full time exempt position with a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required