Purpose: R.M. Pyles Boys Camp, a multi-year progressive youth-development program for disadvantaged boys and young men, is seeking a full-time Administrative Manager whose purpose is to manage all office and administrative duties necessary to fulfill the philosophy and goals of this organization. You would be one of our 5 full-time staff members, joining us in each wearing many hats to achieve our mission. Reports to the Executive Director. ACA Accredited. Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the R.M. Pyles Boys Camp family.
Mission: R.M. Pyles Boys Camp promotes long-term positive behavioral change for low-income, disadvantaged boys by providing a multi-year wilderness camp experience supplemented by year-round mentoring that builds life skills and instills the values of hard work, education, and positive choices.
Duties and Activities:
We are a small office, requiring all of our team members to wear multiple hats. We are looking for candidates who can fulfil the role of Office Manager/Bookkeeper, Secretary, Registrar, and Fundraising Assistant.
Office Management, Bookkeeping, and Accounting
· Accounts payable/receivable
· Bookkeeping - Tracking of all income and expenses (currently utilizing Quickbooks)
· Manage administration of all employee benefits
· Manage administration of organization insurance, along with Executive Director and Insurance Broker(s)
· Provide monthly financial information to staff
· Provide quarterly financial information to volunteer Board of Directors
· Participate in quarterly meetings of the Finance Committee
· Primary point of contact for annual independent audit
· May be responsible to manage volunteers or part-time employees during busiest weeks prior to summer
· Maintain office hours and answer main phone line
· Support 4 full-time staff with office work such as filing, copying, mailings, database management, etc
· Open and distribute incoming mail and packages
· Keep office stocked with supplies
· Support volunteer Board of Directors with requests such as thank-you gifts, mailings, etc
· Assist with quarterly evening board meetings: take minutes, order food, assist with cleanup
· Assist with board committee meetings as needed
· Update website as needed
· Manage all required documents as part of the registration process for summer camp and other programs
· Input paper forms and assist with digital forms in Customer Relations Management tool (Camp Minder)
· Serve as point of contact for selection organizations, registered families, and inquiring parents
· Provide batch reports to Camp Director prior to each session
· Work with Camp Director to fill camp to capacity each session
· Communicate with Executive Director regularly on donations received
· Prepare printed thank-you notes within 2 business days of receipt of donations
· Prepare thank-you call sheet for Executive Director and volunteer Board of directors to call
· Assist with fundraising events as needed, administrative support and day-of operations
· Research, and then manage, a web-based donor database (to be added within 6 months after hire)
Other duties as necessary/assigned
Required and Desired Qualifications:
Physical abilities: Sitting for extended periods of time, operation of a motor vehicle, walking, climbing stairs, lifting up to 50 pounds, hearing and speaking to communicate and exchange information and make presentations, seeing to observe accuracy of reports and documents, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer terminal and standard office equipment.
Location/Hours: Our program is headquartered in Valencia, CA, and operates in the Giant Sequoia National Monument in the summer months. This position is located in Valencia, CA year-round. Employee is expected to work 35 hours per week on average and will vary based on the season. Consistent office hours will be established by the employee and Executive Director, including opportunities to work partially remotely, if desired.
Compensation: The hiring range for this position is between $55,000 and $60,000 a year, commensurate with experience. Medical and Dental Insurance provided at 100% to employee. After 1 year of employment, monthly deposits will be made into your retirement account, equaling the equivalent of 7% of your salary.
Start Date: The incumbent will begin employment on a mutually agreed upon date, on or around October 18th, 2021. Training with the outgoing Administrative Manager will be provided.
Purpose: R.M. Pyles Boys Camp, a multi-year progressive youth-development program for disadvantaged boys and young men, is seeking a full-time Administrative Manager whose purpose is to manage all office and administrative duties…
Medical and Dental Insurance provided at 100% to employee. After 1 year of employment, monthly deposits will be made into your retirement account, equaling the equivalent of 7% of your salary.
Medical and Dental Insurance provided at 100% to employee. After 1 year of employment, monthly deposits will be made into your retirement account, equaling the equivalent of 7% of…
Bilingual English/Spanish is highly preferred.
Bilingual English/Spanish is highly preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Adam Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org