Full Time Temporary
Full-time • ASAP-November 30, 2018 • Competitive pay • Excellent benefits
Work from anywhere in the continental U.S.
In this year’s election, MoveOn will mobilize to take back our government and create a nation where all can thrive—one marked by justice, sustainability, economic security, peace, and mutual care. We’ll do it by activating a grassroots wave and by running an innovative digital persuasion effort at nationwide scale.
Since the 2016 election, MoveOn has developed and piloted a powerful new breakthrough in digital persuasion that we’re planning to take to scale across dozens of U.S. House races, as well as Senate and other statewide races in the fall general election, that is poised to persuade hundreds of thousands of voters to turn out and vote for Democratic candidates.
Our approach combines authentic messages and grassroots messengers to reach voters directly. We combine these personal videos with detailed, rigorous analytics to find and target voters who can be persuaded to vote in favor of our endorsed candidates. Through our work in 2016 and 2017, we’ve seen the potential to move thousands of individual voters, enough to have a real impact on an election. Now we’re aiming to scale this work across the country.
The Real Voter Voices Project Lead will play a key role in coordinating the work of a team of campaigners, data scientists, and developers who together will gather, test, and amplify over 1,000 grassroots videos in elections across the country.
Is this job for you?
• Are you a detail-oriented project manager who can keep dozens of moving parts straight while thinking ahead to potential challenges around the corner?
• Are you a practical problem-solver who enjoys unblocking projects with efficient and effective solutions?
• Are you a good people-manager who can support both junior and more-senior members of a remote team to thrive?
• Are you a thoughtful and effective communicator who works well on a team?
• Do you want to make a direct impact in dozens of congressional districts to catalyze a progressive wave in the midterm elections?
Job responsibilities include
› overseeing the work of a cross-functional team of 12-15 members;
› maintaining the overall timeline and budget of the project and coordinating the work of different parts of the team toward that timeline;
› helping team members drive to solutions across realms;
› working directly with the Real Voter Voices Director to implement the vision of the program;
› managing relationships with colleagues on our Operations, Campaigns, Analytics, Tech, and Field teams in a collaborative setting.
Our Real Voter Voices Project Lead should be someone who can communicate effectively with team members, apply strategic judgment, and, most importantly, help build a team that will enable thousands of grassroots supporters to bring their voices to the election. The role requires the following:
• 8+ years of experience in project management, with excellent project management judgment and skills in a fast-paced environment
• Experience managing both individuals and teams
• Comfort talking to data analysts and computer programmers (without at all having to be one yourself)
• Strong political judgment, with passion for and grounding in progressive political campaigns, social movement culture, or electoral politics
• Nimbleness—to move among campaigns, tasks, and strategies
• Attention to detail, with experience with data-driven decision-making
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to engage effectively with MoveOn staff
• A passion for social justice. You should do this job because you’re passionate about making the country more progressive through grassroots activism.
• You act with high integrity, professionalism, low ego, and are a team player. You’ll fit in well at MoveOn with those.
Location: Position can be based anywhere in the continental U.S. May require occasional travel.
Classification, salary, and benefits Full-time; highly competitive salary, including benefits such as 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 13.32 hours accrued vacation per month, 6.66 hours accrued sick leave per month, floating holidays and all-staff holidays; reimbursement of home office expenses.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Submit application here. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a goal of starting full-time June 15 or sooner.