India’s energy and energy efficiency sector is abuzz with dynamic activity. Several national initiatives are underway and more are needed as the country advances towards its ambitious climate change commitments (COP21).
Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE) is a part of this action in a big way, leveraging its skill-base and deep-rooted associations with leading national and international industry organizations. As a not-for-profit and neutral entity, AEEE serves as a convening platform for thought-leaders, policy-makers, and industry stakeholders to collaboratively design and implement impactful market transformation strategies that will support India’s transformation into an energy efficient economy.
We are looking for enthusiastic team-players who are passionate about energy conservation and environmental stewardship, and possess an ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Please write to us at email@example.com sharing your resume and a brief note about your professional interests.
Location: Delhi, India.
Duration: 6 months and above
Nature of Projects You will be involved in:
· Super-efficient Appliances and Stakeholders Mapping Study: The projects will identify super-efficient appliances that can reduce energy consumption in urban areas and increase energy access in rural areas. AEEE will conduct research on available high-efficiency products in India, the potential for introducing highly-efficient designs from elsewhere in the world, and the costs and benefits of such products. Based on the study AEEE would make policy recommendations for advancing adoption of super-efficient technology in India. AEEE will also undertake a stakeholders’ mapping of all significant players involved in increasing energy access using super-efficient appliances.
Your Role: You will be required to contribute towards:
§ Secondary research on super-efficient appliances
§ Secondary research on key stakeholders’ involved energy access space
§ Analysis of global super-efficient technologies, including the options for introducing and advancing adoption of these technologies in India
§ Preparation of reports, presentations and communication collaterals
§ Help in organizing meetings and workshops
· Building Energy Data Framework:
AEEE has developed a commercial building energy data framework and will soon be developing a customized building energy data framework for a pilot project at city / state level.
Your Role: You will be required to contribute towards
· Developing the customized building energy data collection framework for surveys
· Reviewing and analyzing data collected for the pilot project
· Preparation of reports, presentations and communication collaterals
· Membership Activities:
AEEE as an industry association is always working on increasing its membership base. AEEE is constantly updating its list of potential members.
You will work on developing a list of potential members and identifying senior contacts for AEEE to reach out and pursue membership opportunities.
An ideal candidate has already completed his/her postgraduate studies (Master’s) in Economics, Public Policy or similar discipline, preferably with project work or specialisation in energy, environment, climate change. 1-2 years work experience in the building or appliance sector would be a plus. Must possess excellent data analysis skills; good verbal and writing skills in English; proficiency in using MS Excel for data analysis and presentation; knowledge of other data analysis and visualisation tools would be a plus.
What a Fellowship at AEEE Means For You:
· Be an active change-agent making contributions towards India’s energy future as well as global climate change
· Stretch your boundaries in a work-culture that encourages independent thinking and innovative ideas
· Enrich your network in the energy industry leveraging AEEE’s deep-rooted associations with leading national and
· And last but not the least, build lasting professional connections
Compensation: AEEE will offer a monthly salary.
International candidates: Candidates from India as well as abroad are welcome to apply. For international candidates, AEEE will help guide you through the necessary logistics.
Minimum Education Required