Details: Wages commensurate with experience.
Building Skills Partnership (BSP) is a non-profit whose mission it is to improve the quality of life for low-wage property service workers and their families by increasing their skills, access to education and opportunities for career and community advancement.
The LAX Program Assistant will support Program Coordinator with expansion of LAX Emergency Preparedness Program to train 5,000 LAX passenger service workers annually at the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The LAX Program Assistant will support LAX Program Coordinator in managing program logistics for the expansion of the Emergency Preparedness program per the requirement of the Living Wage Ordinance passed by the City of Los Angeles. Job duties will include but not limited to, scheduling, compliance tracking, management of grant outcomes, grant reporting, resource management and supply needs. This is a full-time position that requires regular off-site travel to training sites as well as some night and weekend work.
- Training Session Logistics – will manage training logistics ensuring instructors have needed supplies, tracking and delivery of materials to instructors. LAX Program Assistant wIll be in charge of all ordering of supplies and printing.
- Data Management – will be responsible for inputting intakes, assessments and evaluations into salesforce.
- Grant Management and Reporting – will assist LAX Program Coordinator in managing the ETP grant outcomes, submitting of rosters and tracking of billing timeline.
- Scheduling and Tracking - will ensure that all scheduled company trainings have an instructor assigned and will track rosters assisting companies in ensuring that training is attended by employees and that they are in compliance with the Living Wage Ordinance sending attendance reports monthly.
- Intake Forms and Rosters - will be familiar with the intake forms and rosters used by BSP and to meet grant compliance. .
- Invoices – will establish procedure with consultants and contract instructors for invoicing and payment.
- Class Visits and Employer Relations – will be suport LAX Program Coordinator with doing periodic check-ins and class observations.
- Commitment to social and economic justice.
- At least 2 years of experience in program assistance/management.
- Flexibility, strong organization skills, and attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and demeanor with the ability to interact and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds and titles.
- Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently and with little guidance.
- Experience tracking and managing resources and supplies.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
- Experience working with adult training programs preferred
- Strong computer skills (Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Must be available during the evening and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation to get from downtown L.A. to LAX.
- Excellent benefit package including full family health coverage, dental and vision.
- Pension plan (3 years vesting period).
- $100/mo. cell phone stipend.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish/English both written and oral.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Submit resume with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please address the following points in your cover letter:
- Describe your interest and qualifications
- Describe a time when you showed great attention to detail in your work.
- Describe a time in your professional work where you went above and beyond.
- Position will be opened until filled. First round of interviews to take place the week of August 13, 2018.