Details: Stipend: $2,500
401 Old Church Road
REACH Prep Mission: REACH Prep provides access to transformative educational experiences that empower underserved, high-achieving students to graduate from top colleges and emerge as the next generation of leaders.
Prep Academy Office Manager
REACH Prep seeks a highly organized, committed, creative, detail-oriented, enthusiastic and motivated student (high school senior or college freshman in 2019-2020) for its Office Manager position for the Prep Academy program in summer 2019. This position will serve as a collaborative and instrumental member of a small and dedicated team and will report to the Director of Prep Academy.
The Office Manager will be responsible for tasks and projects which include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Supporting the Director of Prep Academy in organizing weekly theme activities, field trips, events, guests, etc.
● Clerical and administrative tasks (e.g. managing and ordering supplies; handling daily attendance, statistics, and forms)
● Managing and maintaining office space, inventory, equipment, and files
● Assisting with our program’s special events (e.g. Visitor Days, Back to School Night, Commencement)
● Actively participating in weekly faculty meetings to discuss scholar progress with REACH Prep’s CEO, the Director of Prep Academy, teachers, and advisors
● Documenting the program through photography and video mediums
● Developing a trusting relationship with scholars and serving as a role model to them
● Classroom management and providing additional supervision for scholars
Qualifications & Eligibility
● Current high school senior or an incoming college freshman
● Strong academic record
● Strong work ethic as well as exceptional communication and organizational skills
● Gives the highest attention to detail and takes initiative
● Shows flexibility, able to manage multiple projects and has a strong ability to plan and meet all deadlines
● Enjoys working with middle school students
● Applicants with technology skills are desired (e.g. familiarity with Chromebooks, Google Suite, Google Classroom, SmartBoards, and video editing applications)
Dates: June 18 - August 2, 2019
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Location: Greenwich Country Day School, 401 Old Church Road, Greenwich
Transportation: You must be able to provide your own transportation to and from GCDS daily.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications are available via https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8RD7MBM. In addition, please submit the following materials electronically to Betsy Pacey, Director of Prep Academy, at email@example.com: a cover letter, resume (include your interests and special skills), current transcript, and a recommendation from either an academic teacher or professional contact. The deadline is December 3, 2018.