Callisto is seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to become the third member of our executive team, joining a Chief Executive Officer and a Chief Technology Officer.
Our achievement of our mission flows from our team - our composition, our communication, our culture, and the extent to which we synchronize and adapt while our team rapidly grows and our environment rapidly changes. Our COO will ensure that Callisto continues to achieve extraordinary performance while remaining a fantastic place to work.
Based in San Francisco, the COO will oversee a period of rapid growth, ensuring team coordination, seamless flow of information, legal and financial compliance, and helping to foster and curate a healthy working culture for everyone at Callisto. In other words, this is far more than an operations position. It combines operations with strategy, culture, and growth. This will require the orderly mind and habits of a strong COO, with strategic vision and true leadership ability.
Direct all aspects of Callisto’s Human Resources function with an eye towards staff wellbeing, recruitment, retention, development, and growth; manage external professional service relationships and a volunteer workforce
Ensure strategic and realistic long-term planning informed by the needs of the team, and break down long-term targets into short-term objectives
Operations & Finance:
Support and refine a stable financial environment; create strong internal practices in support of a dynamic and fast-paced team
Lead and grow the Callisto team through Internally focused, goal-oriented, tactical direction
Essential Skills and Experience
- Management of staff of 30+ including remote and driven technical experts
- Operations expertise including process creation and tactical implementation
- Start-up experienceLeadership of a tech or non-profit company experiencing growth or strategic pivot
- Financial oversight of a +$2M organization, including budgeting
- Staff and leadership developmentStrategic growth and organizational design expertise
Secondary and Soft Skills
- A passion for building well-functioning teams and healthy organization culture, and the experience in management needed to execute on that passion
- A deep connection to Callisto’s mission
- Comfortable working within an evolving workplace
What to Expect at Callisto
We are engineers, designers, educators, and legal experts. Our work is serious, but our days are full of joy and mutual support. We are each other’s biggest fans, fierce yet kind, driven yet understanding.
Callisto offers medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with paid holidays, vacation, sick and wellness days and a 401k. Members of the Callisto team also receive a professional development budget.
Enter a mission-driven work culture with a focus on well-being and work-life balance. Callisto employees create self-care plans to ensure that all team members remain healthy, happy, and whole. And the final reward is knowing that you go to work each day helping to change the world for the better.
Callisto is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Minimum Education Required