1000 Dean Street
This position plays an integral role in the growth, maintenance, and cultivation of Brooklyn Community Foundation’s donor base through prospect research, database management, mailings, events, and external Foundation communications.
We’re looking for a self-motivated and goal-oriented team member who is passionate about donor management, relations, and communications in support of our mission for a fair and just Brooklyn.
We’ll invite you to be a part of a highly effective and collaborative team. Our goal is to empower you to be the owner of donor data, and manage the day-to-day logistics of donor research, communications, and events. You will work closely with our Development and Communications teams, as well as the CEO and COO to ensure accurate donor information, cultivation, stewardship, and communications.
Development, Donor Relations, and Data Management
- Primary manager of CRM database for donor information, incoming donations, Donor Advised Fund contributions, and account notes
- Maintain all donor files (electronic and paper)
- Generate acknowledgement letters for donations received
- Conduct prospect research
- Provide administrative support for liaising with donors
· Assist in preparing board and committee meeting materials and attend meetings as needed Manage organizational calendars, including events and deadlines to ensure staff delivers all activities in a timely manner
- Assist in planning and implementing special events, in-home donor events, and public events
- Generate lists and pull donor information for invitations and guest lists, and track RSVPs
- Develop materials and communications for event outreach as well as onsite materials
- Liaise with guest speakers
- Manage venue logistics and vendors
- Help develop follow-up and stewardship communications post event
Website, Social Media, Email Communications
- Help manage, update, and maintain Foundation websites and blog, including donation forms and event pages
- Assist with writing and distribution of e-newsletters, blogs, board updates, and event invitations
- Gather, edit, and write content for Foundation social media platforms
- Maintain and update donor marketing materials
- Manage, archive and organize photographs, video, and presentations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least two year of experience in an entry-level position, preferably with experience in administrative support, development, or communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills as well as an eye for design
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities as competing projects vie for attention
- Experience with CRM database management; familiarity with Salesforce strongly preferred
- Keen sense of discretion especially when handling confidential donor and other sensitive information
- Ability to work independently and also be a team player
This is a full-time position located in Brooklyn, NY that occasionally requires early morning, evening, and weekend work. The Foundation offers an excellent benefits package, which includes generous paid time off, employer-paid health and dental insurance, and a relaxed, friendly work environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or reference letters please. List “Development and Communications Assistant” in the subject line. Interviews will begin in September.