To assist providing access to community services and facilitate educational programming for survivors of brain injury in the Fredericksburg region
The Activity Coordinator, under the direction of the Program Manager, is a part time position, responsible for the development and implementation of day program activities such as, but not limited to, culinary, wellness, productive projects, and art and craft activities for persons with brain injuries. The coordinator ensures that all activities planned are done so to help participants achieve their individual goals and organizational mission.
Job Duties and Activities:
In accordance with the purpose and mission of Brain Injury Services, the Activity Coordinator shall:
· Be in charge of planning and carrying out program activities that occur at the facility
· Develop, implement, and ensure that all program activities are based on the needs of the participants and are designed to help them achieve their personal goals.
· With participant collaboration, develop, monitor and update Participant Service Plans and related documentation per organization policies.
· Evaluate progress and participation in the program
· Design, implement and evaluate behavior interventions based on positive behavioral support methodology
· Collaborate with Community Coordinator during monthly program planning sessions
· Maintain client records as per organizational standards
· Assist with regular program evaluation and quality improvement initiatives
· Represent and participate in meetings and conferences and staff development activities
· Assist the program in initiating and maintaining community partnerships
· Ability to operate General Office Equipment and designated computer programs and systems
Education and Experience: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in special education, rehabilitation counseling, social work or a closely related field is preferred. A minimum of one year experience providing community based services to persons with disabilities, preferably those with brain injuries, is highly desirable. Preference will be given to those applicants with experience in community-based day programs and with knowledge of person-centered practices.
Health, Dental, STD/LTD, Life, AD&D, Retirement, Vacation, Sick
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to Zachary Daniel, Program Manager, to firstname.lastname@example.org