Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development/External Affairs Manager (Manager) will spearhead development efforts as SF Achievers continues to grow. This position requires attention to detail, skillful time management (multi-tasking), and the ability to support and maintain an effective work environment.
The Manager is responsible for working with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Development Committee to plan, coordinate and execute all aspects of fund development and public relations for SF Achievers. S/He is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of SF Achiever’s fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, and special events. The Manager provides leadership on all fund-development raising initiatives; s/he identifies, organizes, and manages the fund-development activities with a focus on new opportunities to obtain ongoing and increased support from public and private organizations, corporations, faith communities, and individuals.
SF Achievers seeks a creative and analytical Manager to strengthen all fund-development activities to secure and grow our organizational budget (currently $1.1M). SF Achievers receives major funding from government, corporate, foundation and individual sources. Reporting to the ED, our new colleague will take ownership of our grant writing, report submission and management. The ideal candidate is passionate about funding our mission, enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment and brings the ability to multitask, along with a high level of organization and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities: Planning
• Partner with the Executive Director to develop and implement a comprehensive written annual resource development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including: individuals, faith groups, organizations, corporations, etc. to be approved by the board
• Work with Executive Director to identify and capitalize on funding opportunities aimed at strengthening program offerings, operations and institutional viability; manage the annual resource development plan and budget to ensure that the organization’s long term and annual resource development goals are met
• Work with the Executive Director to identify and implement activities that ensure all development work is effectively planned and implemented, including creation and management of fund development tracking systems; and coordinate staff engaged with maintaining performance-related grant records
• Provide monthly reports to the ED and the board which measure progress towards achieving the plan.
Grant requests and administration
• Assist the Executive Director with researching and writing grants
• Provide timely reporting and ensure compliance as required by grant award documentation.
• Administer draw requests for any funding source which operates through a “draw down” or reimbursement process.
• Create and implement strategies for donor development and cultivation which will provide a diverse and sustainable funding base for organization.
• Keep up-to-date on current fundraising programs, practices and procedures used in the nonprofit sector and inform the affiliate leadership of items that would benefit SF Achievers.
• Create and implement major gifts program, planned giving program, and volunteer giving program.
• Identify and pursue new sources of public and private funding.
• Build and maintain relationships with major donors of all types, develop strategies for solicitation, and solicit or coordinate the solicitation by other affiliate staff, board or volunteers, as appropriate.
• Create and update collateral materials to support gift cultivation.
• Develop and implement all aspects of direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other donor mailings as needed.
• Ensure that the donor database information is current and accurate.
• Acknowledgement of all gifts and donations.
• Manage or oversee all SF Achievers events.
• Promote events to the business community to support SF Achievers and provide support to those groups that want to host an event.
• Work with appropriate staff and volunteers to ensure that all aspects of a successful event are coordinated towards a common goal.
Public Relations and Marketing
• Oversee and direct all media relations, social media communication, media production and general branding of SF Achievers.
• Create marketing materials and press releases for the organization.
• BA/S preferred (MA/S Degree a plus) with an emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, public relations or related field.
• Five years professional development and fundraising/-development experience.
• Experience and contacts in greater San Francisco Bay Areas a plus.
• Advanced PC skills and expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Donor database experience desirable), Google suite applications, etc.
Desire to work as part of a team and willingness to promote the principles and views of SF Achievers.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development/External Affairs Manager (Manager) will spearhead development efforts as SF Achievers continues to grow. This position requires attention to detail, skillful…
The salary is competitive and based on experience—$75 ,000 - 90,000/annually. This is a full-time exempt position. San Francisco Achievers offers a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, vacation and sick time.
The salary is competitive and based on experience—$75 ,000 - 90,000/annually. This is a full-time exempt position. San Francisco Achievers offers a generous benefits package that…