The Bell Policy Center seeks a policy expert with experience working alongside community voices and in partnership with policymakers to lead the organization’s research and policy work. This position provides expertise and guidance for a growing team of policy analysts and works with the organization’s president, board, and senior staff to chart and implement a public policy approach that leads to economic mobility for every Coloradan. The Director reports to the Bell’s President, is a member of the organization's leadership team, supervises the Bell’s policy and research staff, and works closely with the entire staff.
· Lead and manage the Policy & Research team, including developing and executing a cohesive, community-engaged research team strategy; developing team members; and providing expertise, connections, or coaching as needed on policy research and implementation strategies.
· With the President and other senior team members, cultivate, manage, and implement key partnerships with national public policy organizations and local community policy and advocacy groups.
· Oversee the research, analysis, and writing of all policy and research products, including reports, briefs, and commentary, to ensure they align with research best practice, accurately report the results of research and analysis conducted, and are consistent with the Bell’s standards and philosophy.
· Provide regular feedback, guidance, and cohesion for a dynamic team of policy analysts, each focusing on various areas of policy related to economic mobility. Identify skill or knowledge gaps on the team and determine best ways to fill those gaps through internal staff development or outside expertise.
· Develop and maintain expertise in a range of public policy issues that align with the Bell’s strategic priorities, with a focus on fiscal and economic policy to ensure that Colorado provides opportunity for all its residents. Conduct individual research and analysis on selected economic mobility issues. Present insights and analysis to a wide variety of stakeholders.
· Partner with community groups and other advocates to inform and advance various public policy changes with the state legislature, the Governor’s office, executive branch agencies, and other policymakers. Identify and communicate unexpected opportunities to move policy efforts forward with coalition partners and others.
· Oversee and advise the advocacy efforts of other policy and research staff members and contractors.
· Assist the President and Policy Committee of the Board with developing the Bell’s policy agenda and the research, plans, and projects needed to support that agenda. Work with the President to provide the board with regular information regarding policy positions and activities.
· Assist the Director of Communications in responding to media inquiries and developing content for communication products.
· Assist the Director of Strategy and Operations in developing projects for funding, responding to funding opportunities, and implementing and reporting on funded projects.
· Represent the Bell as a public spokesperson in communicating the Bell’s position on issues to policymakers, the media, coalition partners, and other stakeholders and community members.
· 5 - 7 years of experience in conducting and assessing research on a variety of policy-related topics.
· Strong background and understanding of current economic mobility issues in multiple areas. Knowledge of Colorado budget/fiscal policy and economic conditions strongly preferred.
· Experience in developing and managing strong results-oriented teams.
· Thorough understanding of the public policy process, and experience with developing effective policy proposals and with legislative, regulatory, and policy implementation processes.
· Experience with statistical analysis and key economic analysis principles, and strong working knowledge of economic cost benefit analysis, economic modeling, research methods, and evaluation design.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to adapt communications as needed for different audiences and to achieve different objectives.
· Experience providing effective public presentations and/or testimony.
· Understanding of community-engaged strategies for research and policy development.
· Experience in research from an explicit equity lens; strong understanding of the impact of structural racism, sexism, and other systemic issues on economic mobility and policy.
· Bachelor’s degree in public policy, political science, or a related field. Graduate degree or lived experience in a related field preferred.
The Bell Policy Center seeks a policy expert with experience working alongside community voices and in partnership with policymakers to lead the organization’s research and policy work. This position provides expertise and guidance…
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance (70% paid by employer); life and disability insurance (100% paid by employer); a 401k retirement program with a match after three months of service; and a flexible work schedule, in addition to paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, and family and medical leave.
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance (70% paid by employer); life and disability insurance (100% paid by employer); a 401k retirement program with a match after three…
Please send a resume and cover letter to Julie Pecaut (she/her), Director of Strategy and Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Director of Policy and Research” in the subject line of your email. The position is open until filled, although applications received by August 6, 2021 will be considered first.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Julie Pecaut (she/her), Director of Strategy and Operations, at email@example.com. Please include “Director of Policy and Research” in the…