Director of Workforce Development and Social Enterprise
- Job posted by Episcopal Community Services of San Francisco
165 8th Street
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director of Workforce Development & Social Enterprise will oversee a diverse set of activities including three vocational workforce programs, a school, a catering business, congregant meal service and two shelter kitchens. Together these programs represent key components of parent nonprofit ECS’s future growth strategy. Each of these programs has deep roots and strong foundations within ECS but also has significant opportunities for growth and expansion. The Director will provide the strategic vision and tactical support to realize the full potential of the programs and to create a strong path for people with lived experiences of homelessness to rejoin the workforce.
- Supervision and oversight of a team of approximately 25 FTEs comprising Workforce Development and Social Enterprise department with 5 direct reports. Responsible for the growth and development of individuals and the team.
- Leads the strategic vision of the department in collaboration with the Executive Direction and in consultation with the Board of Directors. Determines new directions, business opportunities, programs, expansions and collaborations in service of the ECS mission. Actively develops new business and revenue generating opportunities and partnerships.
- Seeks out new funding opportunities to support existing programming and to enable expansion of programs, services, and numbers served. Collaborates with Development Department to secure resources for the organization including public and private funding sources.
- Holds the primary relationships with funders of Workforce & Social Enterprise work and ensures that outcome commitments are met or exceeded.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, the CFO and other members of the Senior Leadership Team to develop and monitor adequate and responsible program budgets.
- Regularly assesses the strengths and weaknesses of programs and activities, updating systems and operations as needed.
- Represents the workforce programs and social enterprises of ECS externally to community organizations and networks, including speaking engagements, at conferences, funder collaboratives, etc.
- Ensures full compliance with contracts and regulatory agreements.
- Ensures all ECS kitchens operate in compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Participates in regular meetings of ECS’s directors and leadership staff to advance organizational vision, values, innovation, collaboration, and service integration, and attends meetings of the ECS Board of Directors, as appropriate.
· Assumes direct program management in the absence of direct reports
· Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred.
- At least six years management experience in food services or in culinary training programs, with emphasis on business development, operations, or catering.
- Experience in staff supervision, leadership development, and team-building.
· Experience working with homeless persons and/or other very low-income people preferred.
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
· Initiative, and a flexible, collaborative work style.
· Highest integrity.
· Strong computer proficiency, including knowledge of and skill in using word processing and database programs.
· Understanding of and identification with the mission and values of Episcopal Community Services.
OTHER: Must secure annual TB screen. Must be able to meet physical requirements of the position, which may include long periods of sitting at a desk and/or computer station; lifting items that weigh up to 40 pounds; reaching, bending, and stooping within the daily routine of task and activities. Will honor and abide by Episcopal Community Services rules and regulations, including confidentiality.
ECS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
EPISCOPAL COMMUNITY SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Full-time employees and those working at least twenty hours per week enjoy a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for any of the above-mentioned positions, please send a cover letter and resume to
Justin Hurd, Human Resources
675 Minna Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 Email: ECSJobs@ecs-sf.org
Or you may fax your letter and resume to fax number (844) 849-5323
Please include the Position Number of the position for which you are applying.