East Harlem Elementary School
DREAM Charter Schools - Teachers
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
DREAM Charter School, a rigorous, Pre-K-12th grade public charter network, is seeking a dynamic and engaging educator to serve as Permanent Substitute Teacher. DREAM Charter School's mission is to prepare students for high-performing high schools, colleges and beyond through a rigorous academic program that develops critical thinkers who demonstrate a love of learning, strong character, and a commitment to wellness and active citizenship.
The Permanent Substitute teacher is a full-time employee who will remain on call to cover K-5 classes at DREAM's East Harlem Elementary School (EHES), while in-person school is in session. The Permanent Substitute teacher will report to EHES daily. They will provide coverage for teachers across all subject areas using lessons provided by the lead teacher. If there is no coverage needed, they will provide support as needed at EHES. They may also be asked to provide substitute teacher coverage at East Harlem Middle School (EHMS), which is in the same building.
This is an excellent opportunity for aspiring educators to obtain hands-on teaching experience at DREAM's high-performing schools, while receiving regular professional development and ongoing feedback and support to propel their growth. Location:
1991 Second Avenue, New York, NY 10029 Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement lesson plans provided by the lead teacher
- Build a warm and inclusive classroom environment where students can succeed
- Create and maintain strong relationships with students and families
- Actively participate in grade-level meetings, collaborative planning, and professional development
- Accept ultimate responsibility for the academic progress of their students, and work to actively overcome setbacks
- Perform additional duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families and community
- A commitment to working with diverse populations of families and students, including those at risk of educational failure
- Flexibility and desire to support students across grade levels, as needed
- Experience working in schools and with students from underserved communities, preferred
- Must be able to work in-person at the school during the specified hours
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
- DREAM salary is highly competitive with the New York City Department of Education and other charter schools, and is based on experience and qualifications. All DREAM teachers receive a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement account, life insurance and access to social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.DREAM MAXIMS
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/LY5dGlC7jAOdHozdu56Aa" />