2440 W. El Camino Real
Silicon Valley Community Foundation is seeking a skilled individual to join a focused team providing oversight for the community foundation’s grants, ensuring accuracy and compliance with state and federal regulations and organization policies. This team, within the donor engagement and services division, is responsible for the integrity of each transaction, verifying grantee information, entering data and preparing grant award letters.
Reporting to the Donor Services Officer, the Donor Services Associate - Grants is responsible for enabling a world-class donor experience through timely grant processing, ensuring grant compliance and accuracy and providing exceptional customer service for colleagues and grantees.
Salary commensurate with experience.
- Process domestic grant recommendations from various fund types, including data entry,
- Conduct web-based research and collect documentation to support internal grant compliance processes
- Thoughtfully answer customer inquiries from grantees and colleagues regarding grant status and procedures, and requests for information by phone, email and in person.
- Provide timely, responsive and professional customer service to external clients and internal partners.
- Prepare grant award letters, grant agreements and other correspondence, verifying they are accurate before mailing.
- Work within Donor Engagement and Services and across departments to solve challenging problems by producing innovative solutions.
- Develop and document grant procedures to streamline workflows and increase efficiencies.
- Assist with special projects as needed, including database updates and participating in working groups.
- Additional hours may be required as needed throughout the year; November and December are considered peak season.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of college with an AA Degree or relevant work experience.
- A high degree of flexibility and ability to re-prioritize as client needs change.
- Aptitude to think critically and creatively.
- Data entry and database management experience; GrantedGE, Raiser’s Edge, and SmartSimple working knowledge preferred.
- Detail oriented with a proven ability to perform tasks independently and accurately.
- Demonstrates capacity to multitask in a fast-paced environment, stay organized and proactively manage workflow to meet deadlines.
- Experience with customer service and web-based research.
- Initiative, good judgment, and works with humor even when under pressure.
- Self-starter who accepts responsibility and drives projects to completion.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively with diverse groups of people and in a multicultural team environment on a variety of activities and projects.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Zendesk, and Blackbaud software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of office protocol and discretion.
- Ability and willingness to work additional hours as needed.
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- PTO and sick leave
- 403(b) retirement plan with 5% employer contribution
- Four week sabbatical upon completion of four years of service
- Volunteer time off
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through the link provided.