Details: Salary commensurate with experience
20 Park Plaza
We believe in the power of transformative relationships for the girls we serve and the staff who work here. If you are willing to give and receive constructive feedback, are proactive, have a positive attitude and the desire to work in partnership with the community we serve, then join us!
We are committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. You may submit your cover letter and resumé by clicking on the email link at the bottom of the position you are interested in, and attach your cover letter and resumé as a Word document or a PDF.
Big Sister Boston is seeking a Database Specialist to support the Development Team. The Database Specialist is responsible for the daily operation of the fundraising database Salesforce, which includes keeping accurate donor records, gift entry and processing, gift acknowledgement and reporting, and giving trends analysis.
The development database specialist works closely with the Vice President of Development to ensure all gifts and pledges from donors are accurately processed, tracked, acknowledged, invoiced, and reconciled with the finance department. They also identify best practices and recommend procedures and solutions for database accuracy and efficiency. The development database specialist is a key member of the development team and responsible for organizing and managing all aspects of the development donor records.
This is an exciting time to be part of the migration of CRM software to Salesforce from Abila and a chance to have a deep impact on ensuring that transition goes smoothly and the adoption is seamless.
Database maintenance and gift processing
- Conduct regular maintenance of donor information system, including maintenance of database integrity, procedural recommendations, donor information updates and data clean-up
- Process donor contributions on a regular basis
- Prepare accurate and appropriate donor acknowledgements and invoices and ensure gifts are acknowledged in a timely manner
- Prepare, make, and reconcile accurate bank deposits
- Create and analyze standard and custom reports
- Maintain pledge documentation and payment schedules
- Serve as liaison to donors regarding gift and pledge details and payment as needed
Support donor relations and solicitations for individual donors
- Support direct mail campaigns to donors, including major year-end appeal, and any unique direct mail or online giving strategies
- Prepare and/or interpret reports on progress toward goals
- Prepare donor and company giving profiles for Senior Management Team and Volunteers
Development Operations Administration
- Provide regular review and update on development operations instruction guidelines and create new instruction guidelines as needed
- Create mailing and email lists for ongoing and unique cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship correspondence
- Prepare data as needed for grant requests and reports
- Serve as member of Technology Committee
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide support on Development and Program related special events and match activities as needed
- Act as a partner within Development team, demonstrating a collaborative nature and collective ownership of overall team goals and objectives
- Support the transition of CRM software in collaboration with Technology Team overseen by Chief Operating Officer.
- Associate's degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two to three years of fundraising or database administration experience or transferable skills
- Accuracy and high level of attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, and mail merges
- Experience with fundraising software particularly Salesforce
- Commitment to collaboration, transparency, and inclusion
- Demonstrated track record in creating organizational systems and project management
- Ability to support fundraising activities that occur on weekends, evenings, or early mornings
Reports to: Vice President of Development
Big Sister Association of Greater Boston is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color, bilingual, and bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well-established, fast-paced, and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
Minimum Education Required