Senior Professional Development Specialist, Curriculum Partnerships
- Job posted by EL Education (Formerly Expeditionary Learning)
LOCATION: Chicago/Detroit Metro Areas; travel required (up to 40%)
ABOUT EL Education
EL Education is a leading K-12 education non-profit that is meeting the national challenge to raise student achievement. Combining challenging work with the joy of discovery and pride in mastery, EL offers the education we would want for every child: one that prepares citizens with both the skills and the character necessary for success throughout college, work and life.
Our portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on 20+ years of success in more than 160 EL schools, serving 4,000 teachers and 53,000 students in 31 states and Washington D.C. Based on founding principles of meaningful work, character and respect for teachers, EL’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement, regardless of student background.
EL students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world. For more information, visit http://eleducation.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Senior Professional Development Specialist, Curriculum Partnerships works closely with the Director, Curriculum Partnerships and other members of the Curriculum Implementation Team to provide professional development and related services to district partnerships in order to maximize impact. S/he will work closely with the Curriculum Design Team to understand deeply the research, design, and theory of action of EL curriculum products. The Senior Professional Development Specialist, Curriculum Partnerships is responsible for maintaining a high level of expertise related to EL Education’s intellectual property, facilitation techniques, and instructional model (i.e., curriculum, institutes, publications, core practices, etc.). S/he will support the Director, Curriculum Partnerships in training field staff to deliver high-quality professional development and coaching services to partners to drive toward impact goals. S/he will design and deliver high-quality presentations and professional development for a variety of national audiences and district and school partnerships. This is a full-time, national position that reports to the Director, Curriculum Partnerships.
This position is grant funded. Contract extension beyond grant expiration is possible but not guaranteed.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create program materials to ensure consistent, high-quality delivery of services across national partnerships to achieve impact goals
- Provide high- quality coaching, professional development, and presentations to diverse audiences at the school, district, and national levels
- Strategize and support execution of large district partnership contracts and work plans, in conjunction with the Director, Curriculum Partnerships
- Build relationships with school and district leaders in multiple district partnerships
- Support, mentor, and empower field staff to deliver services with partner districts
- Manage ongoing relationships, operations, scheduling, etc., for multiple district partners, in collaboration with the Director, Curriculum Partnerships
- Support the creation and implementation of annual work plans with partners, in conjunction with school leaders and other EL Education field staff
- Develop and employ progress monitoring tools to gather evidence of impact and measure results
- Work with the Director, Curriculum Partnerships to develop strategic staffing plans for direct services across partnerships
- Represent EL Education with a variety of school and district stakeholders in meetings, information sessions, and presentations
A successful candidate will have:
- Passion for EL Education’s mission
- Masters Degree in education or literacy preferred
- Teaching experience (at least 5 years) and school or district leadership experience
- Experience leading/coordinating school- or district-wide implementation of literacy curricula
- Fluency with EL Education’s curriculum materials and instructional model
- Experience successfully planning complex, long-term projects and partnerships
- A track record of strong facilitation of professional development
- The ability to travel frequently between district partners
- Knowledge of best practices, specifically in K-8 literacy instruction
- Experience in facilitation and creation of professional development agendas and content
- Unequivocal conviction that EL’s curriculum will help fulfill our mission and support student achievement
- A collaborative, flexible, entrepreneurial, and professional approach to work
- Data-driven and results-oriented
- Flexible and willing to change course as needed to meet goals and achieve maximum impact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (phone, email, video conference, etc.)
- Expertise with a wide variety of online tools and programs (Google suite, Adobe Connect, Zoom, etc.)
- The ability to quickly develop relationships based on trust with team members and partners
- Travel will be required up to 40%
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a wide variety of benefits, including paid-time-off, 403b match, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
The anticipated start date for this position is May, 2018. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Please submit your resume and one page cover letter in MS Word or PDF format by applying on our website.
In your cover letter, identify the position you are applying for and how you heard of the job opening and EL Education.
No phone calls please. EL Education will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
EL Education seeks individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Minimum Education Required