500 12th St.
We are currently seeking a Program Associate to join the Pivot team to support and assist work on a range of innovative projects designed to achieve our organizational mission of ensuring that all students graduate college and career-ready. The Program Associate will provide support in the coordinating of projects in Pivot’s “Beyond High School” initiatives, focused on redesigning high schools using the Linked Learning approach. Linked Learning is a successful approach to education based on the idea that students work harder and dream bigger if their education is relevant to them. The Linked Learning approach integrates rigorous academics that meet college-ready standards with sequenced, high-quality career-technical education, work-based learning, and other supports to help students stay on track. For Linked Learning students, education is organized around industry-sector themes. Their chosen industry theme is woven into lessons taught by teachers who collaborate across subject areas with input from working professionals and reinforced by work-based learning with real employers. This makes learning more like the real world of work, and helps students answer the question, “Why do I need to know this?”
The ideal candidate for this position would be passionate about and committed to Pivot’s mission, vision, and values. To succeed in this entry-level position, you should have solid project management, teamwork, and communication skills (writing, listening, and speaking). The ideal candidate would have experience in or working with K-12 schools, districts or charters and knowledge of K-12 education issues. You would have strong interpersonal and customer service skills and experience maintaining positive relationships with partners and clients.
This is a full-time, Exempt position based out of Pivot’s Oakland, CA office. Regular car and plane travel to project sites, convenings, and conferences will be required; project sites are primarily located within California.
· Working with managers to support the development and execution of project plans.
· Collaborating with managers to support internal project meetings or events, including project check-ins, internal trainings, etc. Support could include developing and/or revising content for the meetings or events, communicating about the meetings or events, managing logistics, taking notes, and supporting follow-up.
· Collecting, organizing, and managing data from online resources and from tools such as surveys and evaluations, as needed and in support of program objectives.
· Supporting managers and staff during in-person or virtual engagements with project partners and/or clients, including school districts, CMOs, and/or schools. These engagements include webinars, virtual check-ins, in-person project meetings, workshops or trainings, and district and school site visits, etc.
· Developing, revising, storing and accessing online resources.
· Providing the highest quality customer service, building and maintaining positive, productive working relationships with partners and districts, CMOs, and schools.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A commitment to the mission and vision of Pivot Learning and a desire to continually broaden and deepen the organization's impact.
· Solid project management skills, including the capacity to support the development of plans and manage resources, and the ability to prioritize, organize, and execute on multiple tasks with a high level of attention to detail.
· Exceptional communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening).
· Experience and/or expertise collecting, organizing, managing and analyzing data.
· Reliable, dependable, professional, positive, and energetic. Self-motivated and able to work both with and without direction.
· Dedication to learning and personal growth, and ability to learn new skills.
· Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Proficient in online tools like Salesforce, Google Docs, Box, etc.
· Able to travel regularly to project sites across California.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Pivot Learning offers a competitive compensation package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, 403b, vacation leave, sick leave, and 15 paid holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
Multilingual a benefit
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you would like to apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position title in the subject line of the email for the fastest consideration. In your cover letter, please comment on how your skills and experience are a good match for this position, your salary requirements, and where you heard about this position.