100Kin10 unites 280 of the nation’s top academic institutions, nonprofits, foundations, companies, and government agencies to address the nation’s STEM teacher shortage. Together, we are tackling systemic challenges and getting 100,000 excellent STEM teachers into classrooms nationwide.
In our first five years, we secured commitments for 100,000 excellent STEM teachers by 2021 and built a highly engaged, collaborative network of partner organizations immersed in collective problem-solving and shared learning and willing to be vulnerable and trusting with old and new allies alike.
People who thrive at 100Kin10 are team-oriented, open-minded, creative, and flexible, and possess a strong desire to learn and grow in a feedback-rich environment. Our culture embraces colleagues with genuine warmth, a curiosity to learn, a drive toward excellence, the ability to laugh at themselves, an eagerness for feedback to spur growth and impact, and an interest in co-workers as colleagues and as human beings.
Learn more at 100Kin10.org
About the Role
We’re seeking a resourceful and dedicated Special Assistant to work with the Executive Director to provide logistical support and project management and to drive special projects. The Special Assistant will handle a broad range of responsibilities and activities in order to maximize the Executive Director’s time and effectiveness. As a primary support to the Executive Director, the Special Assistant will work with a range of stakeholders, including the 100Kin10 Management Team and external partners, including funders and our strategic advisory group. This is a demanding role - you will be expected to work hard and to learn and grow quickly.
- Manage the ED’s schedule and travel with an eye to maximizing her capacity for impact, including logistical support for internal and external meetings
- Create leverage across the organization by assisting with information gathering, information flow, communicating with internal and external stakeholders, developing and monitoring plans, and keeping track of responsibilities
- Manage the development of communications projects (e.g., annual report)
- Conduct timely, professional, and proactive follow-up with our strategic advisory, including project managing meetings, preparing materials; capturing, synthesizing, and distributing notes, etc.
- Support engagement with our funders including meeting follow-up, tracking reporting schedules, supporting proposal and reports development, and communications between the ED and funders
- Handle special projects as assigned by the ED
- You have two to five years of experience providing excellent administrative support and team coordination in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting
- You have a service mindset, and you thrive in a support role where no task is too big or too small
- You have superb organizational skills, and are adept at anticipating and resolving issues in advance of them becoming problems
- You can quickly learn to do things you’ve never done before
- You bring an eagerness to learn and grow, and a roll-up-your-sleeves and contribute attitude
- You take initiative and can thrive without micromanagement
- You are able to handle sensitive information with discretion, and you demonstrate excellent judgement
- You are a strong writer and communicator
- You are poised, confident, calm, and comfortable in an executive setting
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please respond to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in 100Kin10?
- Why are you passionate about this role specifically?
Please also share your desired salary. Only applications which respond to the prompt will be reviewed.