The Data Analyst will be responsible for performing an array of activities intended to ensure the accuracy and completeness of process and outcome data collected for funder reporting, continuous quality improvement, and outcome monitoring. The Data Manager will create databases as needed, export data from funder required databases such as the Center for Primary Care Informatics (CPCI), NYS DOH AIDS Institute AIRS system and DOHMH’s eSHARE system. He/she will be a part of the agency’s integrated Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) team and process, and will work closely with management and other program evaluators to manage data collection tools and systems. The Data Analyst will respond to data requests and will produce reports for funders, Program Evaluators, program managers, senior managers, and agency executives.
Essential Job Function
The following duties are mandatory requirements of the job:
· Monitor funder reporting deadlines for program managers and facilitate timely submission.
· Oversee data collection/entry processes to ensure that requirements are being met and that data are accurate and complete.
· Assist with the creation of databases, spreadsheets, and other software tools.
· Perform data quality assurance and cleaning routinely, in accordance with policies and procedures.
· Extract and upload project data to government funders data systems as needed.
· Generate monthly program performance data, review data with program management and evaluator, and share expertise with the team
· Become expert on specifications of required and internally mandated data.
· Produce routine reports and ad hoc queries assessing data quality and performance statistics as requested.
· Support program managers, senior management, evaluators, and executive management in outcome analyses and reporting.
· Assist with the preparation and submission of data extracts and data for requests for proposals/applications.
· Assist with form development for program staff as needed.
· Train staff on data collection tools, entry procedures, database use, and data management.
· Contribute to the development of data policy and procedure manuals and databases training manuals
· Work with program managers and evaluators to determine data flow for existing and new contracts/projects.
· Attend meetings/conference calls and trainings as needed or required.
Education and Certification
A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences preferred, or equivalent training/experience with an emphasis on the social or health sciences, and health-related data and data management.
Special Skills and Knowledge
In addition to the above-listed job responsibilities and educational requirements, the ideal candidate for this position possesses most or all of the following:
ð Experience managing large datasets, preferably in a health-related field
ð Experience with electronic health record (EHR) systems, preferably eClinicalWorks (eCW)
ð Expertise in various software (Access, Excel, SPSS) and proficiency with SQL
ð Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
ð Proficient in project management, including ability to assess program needs, develop projects, and assist program managers in project completion
ð Excellent time management skills
ð Experience working with diverse communities
ð Experience working with community-based organizations, heath care centers, and/or medical clinics preferred
ð Experience with public health reporting to city, state, and federal agencies, including the New York City and State Departments of Health, CDC, and HRSA preferred.
ð Knowledge of HIV, HIV service provision, and HIV reporting systems (e.g., CPCI, URS/AIRS, eSHARE) a plus
Minimum Education Required