Eugene Lang College The New School for Liberal Arts is seeking a dynamic and qualified candidate to fill an open Full-time Union Clerical Senior Secretary position in the Office of the Dean. Reporting to the Academic Planning Associate, the Senior Secretary supports the Chairs and Directors of designated academic departments/programs. This is a full-time, union clerical position.
Undergraduate Program Support
- Provide secretarial support to the designated programs, and general assistance to the faculty and students in these programs
- Assist in preparation of materials for new majors/programs
- Solicit, file, and review faculty documents for format and inclusion of relevant university policies
- Input and proof data sets for schedule builders (class schedules) and gather course descriptions; enter cross-referenced courses in our database; collect and input classroom assignments
- Provide secretarial support to faculty searches as needed
- Maintain, track, and file office documents and records (e.g., senior capstone, independent study)
- Oversee all aspects of assigned activities, room scheduling, and event planning – leading up to and during some events (may require presence during some evenings and/or weekends)
- Create and post all materials promoting school events
- Maintain digital presence for designated programs
- Hire, train, and supervise work-study students
- Assist with graduation and orientation event planning as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provides general office support including distributing mail, answering phones, facilities and IT requests, office key distribution, faculty office move support
- Maintain all office equipment and supplies
- Assist Lang’s Dean’s Office, as needed
- Minimum two years office experience
- B.A. Preferred
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites, particularly Excel spreadsheets
- Familiarity with Google mail, docs, and related apps
- Experience with Banner, Workday, Tableau a plus
Please note that this clerical position is associated with the Local 1205 Clerical Union, and employees hired in this position must become a member of the Local 1205. For information regarding the nature of this position, applicants can visit http://www.newschool.edu/forms/hr_contract_local1205.pdf .
Apply with us and discover the rewards and opportunities in working for a world-class, urban university.
Minimum Education Required