Position Summary: Work closely with Veterinarians, Veterinary Assistants, Clinic Technicians, Senior Technicians, Clinic Manager, and Clinic support staff to provide medical care to all patients seen by the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary Clinic.The Clinic Support Services Team Leader will be assigned several clinic areas and will assist in the coordination of work flow, control of work procedures, provide training and act as a liaison with management. This position will also, under the guidance of the Clinic Manager, oversee all Clinic financial issues which impact the revenue and/or expenses of the Clinic and provide financial data from the Clinic operations as needed as a resource for the organization in making financial decisions.
The assigned areas of the clinic this position will oversee are as follows:
- Clinic Housekeeping
- Clinic Reception
- Physical Therapy
- Communicate professionally and with a high level of customer service to Clients, Veterinary staff, Management and other Sanctuary departments regarding all job responsibilities, especially the health of clinic patients.
- Maintain the ability to follow policies and procedures set by the Medical Director and Clinic Manager.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding patient status/treatment, client information and other sensitive clinic operations.
- Perform the following functions for team members:
- Monitor and document performance
- Participate in Annual Performance Review sessions
- Provide guidance and coaching to members of their teams on all aspects of their current role
- Disciplinary action up to verbal counseling
- Cultivate mentoring relationships with team members, viewed as point person for area of responsibility.
- Oversee training for new staff on all aspects of the specific role and provide feedback on performance.
- Cultivate good team building practices through good communication, sharing information, and working to achieve goals.
- Oversees the functioning of the reception area. This includes properly maintaining client accounts and the processes of accurately charging, billing and collecting fees for medical services.
- Serves as a resource for the reception staff to aid in handling complex financial clinic accounts.
- Participate in creating, overseeing and updating procedures to carry out corporate policies regarding Clinic services, including forms and procedural manuals.
- Oversees the sanctuary-wide use and training of Avimark, (the clinic medical software), and serves as a resource for both the clinic staff and other departments using Avimark.
- Keeps all inventory and services descriptions and pricing up to date in Avimark, either through direct entry or supervision of other staff entering data.
- Prepares the monthly accounting adjustments needed to allocate costs to other internal departments/programs that utilize clinic services.
- Substitute for absent staff and perform tasks that insure the day's work is supported and completed.
- Assists clinic management in providing daily, financial and historic operational statistics by way of research and reporting as needed by the clinic and other departments/divisions.
- Assists with research/development and oversees the implementation/follow through of data management projects.
- Facilitates the processing of external specialized requests for clinic services.
- Determine, evaluate and coordinate the repair of all maintenance/IT issues within assigned area.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of one year work experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, Veterinary Clinic/Animal Welfare experience preferred .
- Work requires continual attention to detail. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- A minimum of one year leadership work experience directly related to the personnel duties and responsibilities specified.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor others.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- The ideal person for this job would be a team player, positive, personable, upbeat and energetic who effectively uses tact and diplomacy in daily transactions.
- Ability to make sound judgments and work independently in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must be experienced in the care and handling of dogs and cats, including experience with unsocialized animals.
- Familiarity with Avimark, the clinic medical software, is a significant plus.
- Familiarity with medical products, procedures and terms as they apply to veterinary medicine.
- Demonstrates approachability when dealing with the general public and with other BFAS staff. Experience in customer service preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to create and encourage a positive work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, i.e., ability to develop positive relationships with others and demonstrate sensitivity to the thoughts, feelings and perspectives of others.
- Demonstrates personal accountability to ensure that all responsibilities are completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates an ability to handle customer and financial information in a completely confidential manner.
- Accurate, appropriate, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. Strong listening skills.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the organization.
- Basic computer skills required. Must be able to use email and navigate pdf, word, and excel documents. Also need to be able to complete forms, save, and send as attachments to emails.
- Able and willing to professionally advocate Best Friends position on issues and specifically clinic policies.
- Must be able to routinely lift 40 pounds.
- Work at a computer for long periods of time with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity on a daily basis, including, but not limited to: unpacking boxes, lifting and carrying, reaching, stooping, squatting to stock shelves or distribute supplies in the Clinic areas.
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Join Best Friends and turn your career into a labor of love. The benefits package is one of the best! Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Child Care reimbursement, Pet Sitting reimbursement, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, 401K, Staff Discounts, Best Friends Wellness Center, and Flex Work Policy. Further, we also have some very unique perks, such as discounted veterinary care and the opportunity to bring pets to work. Our onsite cafeteria serves healthy vegetarian food.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.