The Participant Engagement Coordinator Americas will be responsible for engaging prospects in the UN Global Compact recruitment pipeline and helping to recruit more responsible businesses from the region to join the movement.
The Coordinator will be part of a team that, working closely with the marketing team and Local Networks in the region, will be responsible for engaging and recruiting companies from the Americas to join the UNGC. They will be responsible for maintaining an effective and efficient prospect pipeline to drive recruitment of companies in the Americas. The scope extends from qualifying inbound prospects to securing discovery meetings to supporting recruitment and onboarding of all types and sizes of business in the region.
This is all with a view to scaling the global collective impact of business sustainability and contributing to the delivery of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. By helping businesses join up and efficiently access this support, the Coordinator will enable them to more effectively shape their business strategies to help the world meet the Sustainable Development Goals whilst also delivering strong business results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Passion for client service and client impact
Persuasive and engaging communication skills
Advanced proficiency in key digital tools and analytical skills
Proven delivery of results:
Works in diverse teams and across geographies:
Integrity: Demonstrates the values of the United Nations in daily activities and behaviors; acts without consideration of personal gain; resists undue political pressure in decision-making; does not abuse power or authority; stands by decisions that are in the Organization's interest, even if they are unpopular; and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behavior.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; and remains calm in stressful situations.
Respect for Diversity: Works effectively with people from all backgrounds; treats all people with dignity and respect; treats men and women equally; shows respect for and understanding of diverse points of view and demonstrates this understanding in daily work and decision-making, examines own biases and behaviors to avoid stereotypical responses, and does not discriminate against any individual or group.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· EDUCATION: A first-level university degree in business administration, management, economics, political science, social science or related field.
· WORK EXPERIENCE: Four plus years of experience in account management, sales & marketing, client support. Experience working on issues related to corporate sustainability is preferred. Experience working with stakeholder groups in the region is preferred.
· Proficiency in English and Spanish is essential (full command on both spoken and written). Knowledge of other regional languages is a plus.
The Participant Engagement Coordinator Americas will be responsible for engaging prospects in the UN Global Compact recruitment pipeline and helping to recruit more responsible businesses from the region to join…
· Please include the following materials in your e-mail submission to UNGC1@unglobalcompact.org with the subject heading “Coordinator Participant Engagement: Americas
1. Cover Letter
· Applications will be accepted until 12 November 2021
· Given the anticipated volume of submissions, only highly qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or unsolicited emails outside of the submission process.
· Applicants must be authorized to work in United States. The Foundation for the Global Compact does not sponsor work visas.
· Please include the following materials in your e-mail submission to UNGC1@unglobalcompact.org with the subject heading “Coordinator Participant…