Resource Development Officer
Recovery Café description:
Our Mission: We are a community of individuals who have been traumatized by homelessness, addiction, and other mental health challenges coming to know we are loved and that we have gifts to share.
Our Guiding Principles:
To create a safe community in which all are valued, we will strive to:
- Connect with divine Love in ourselves and others
- Show respect
- Cultivate compassion
- Practice forgiveness
- Encourage growth
- Give back
Recovery Café was founded on the truth that every human being is precious and beloved regardless of past trauma, mental and emotional anguish, addictive behaviors or mistakes made. We provide a beautiful, safe, warm, drug and alcohol free space and loving community to anchor Members (those we support most closely) in the sustained recovery needed to gain and maintain access to housing, social and health services, healthy relationships, education, and employment. Our program is designed to help people maintain recovery, reduce relapse and fulfill their potential.
The Resource Development Officer will be a critical part of the fundraising team that ensures Recovery Café generates the necessary resources to sustain and further our mission. We seek an individual who cares about accompanying those on the margins while demonstrating the ability to consistently uphold the mission, philosophy, and polices of Recovery Café. This is a 40 hour per week position and requires the Officer to be on site a minimum of 3 days a week (this may go to 5 days a week as we discern what works best for our operations in a post-COVID world). The Resource Development Officer exercises this responsibility under the direction of the Director of Resource Development.
The Officer’s Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the constituent relations database and paper files, including processing gifts, tracking pledges, and ensuring accurate records for our supporters
- Interact with donors in-person, through email, and on the phone including thank you letters, event invitations, and pledge reminders
- Manage the gift-in-kind program
- Provide logistical support for events, especially the Standing in the Gap Fundraiser, including helping design event materials, working with outside vendors, and coordinating event logistics
- Support the Executive Director, Founding Director, and Director of Resource Development in the implementation of a Planned Giving Program and a Major Gifts Program.
- Discretion regarding confidentiality for donors and Café Members is a must.
- Shares responsibility with the Community Engagement Manager in recruiting and supporting individual volunteers and volunteer groups.
- Other duties as assigned
- Write articles for the Café’s print and electronic newsletters
- Draft letters, review mailing lists, and help prepare mailings
- Help edit all Café development materiel including grants, letters, newsletter articles, etc.
- Help maintain information on Recovery Café’s website and blog
- Collaborate on social media strategies including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Other duties as assigned
Grant Management Responsibilities
- Conduct prospect research including individuals, corporations and foundations
- Maintain the grants calendar including contact information, deadlines, reporting requirements, and other relevant information
- Write and assemble grant applications
- Work with the Café program team to ensure proposals accurately describe the Café’s programs, goals, and outcomes
- Track all submitted grant requests and their current status
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Attributes Include:
- A strong desire to support individuals in recovery from the trauma of addiction, mental illness, and/or homelessness and the organizations that support them
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivation, flexibility, and the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Two to three years of fundraising experience
- Experience with Constituent Relations Database required, Raisers Edge preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to connect with people of various levels in an organization
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Comfortable using email, phone, video conferencing, and other such methods to collaborate with others across geographies and time zones
- Excellent team player
- Willingness and ability to accommodate a flexible schedule
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong interest in working with diverse populations
- Experience in a social service agency a plus
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English a plus
- Experience personally or with individuals in recovery from addiction and other mental health challenges a plus
- Passion for the recovery journey personally and professionally preferred
- Motivated by collaborating to create new structures, initiatives and responses to accommodate an organization that is growing and evolving
- Recognizes the tremendous value that gifts of time and talent bring to the Café.
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of our movement to support effective, compassionate communities of radical hospitality around the country helping to heal the world.
- You will be joining a Team of caring, strategic, collaborative, committed, and respectful people who enjoy working together and accomplishing extraordinary things.
- Recovery Café is invested in the personal and professional growth of everyone in our community.
- Recovery Café is committed to being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that values justice.
Applicants should know that this is an important and demanding job and you will be working with an excellent team committed to your success. The Resource Development Officer will be working with a team of passionate, experienced, and fun people committed to securing the necessary resources to provide life transformational programming to the people we serve. This role will include the opportunity to further develop fundraising and nonprofit administration skills and experience.
- 15 days of paid vacation
- 10 days of paid sick time
- 6 paid holidays
- Health, vision and dental coverage
- Life and short and long term disability insurance
- an ORCA pass
- Recovery Cafe will also provide a 1% retirement contribution and up to 2% retirement match annually.
Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek applicants who value diversity and inclusivity. People of Color, and Members of the LGBTQIA+ Community are encouraged to apply.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.