Details: competitive with benefits
35 West 124th Street
Harlem Village Academies
Join an incredible community of educators who are passionate about progressive pedagogy while embracing a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and accountability for student learning. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it.
- Educational Vision
- Ensure all curriculum, assessments, and resources align with the vision and support high levels of student achievement
- Oversee the implementation of the educational vision across all campuses and ensure schools are producing amazing results for students
- Manage the creation and/or curation of all curriculum for K-8, including the scope and sequence of units, daily lesson plans, and resources
- Create and oversee systems for implementing a consistent curriculum across all campuses
- Data & Analysis
- Manage the creation and/or curation of all assessments for K-8
- Oversee the data analysis process across the network, including the data reporting
- Professional Learning
- Collaborate very closely with leadership on professional learning for teachers
- Manage the Literacy, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Arts team members
- Build a strong, collaborative team with exceptionally high standards for work product, clear and consistent communication, and strong systems for managing multiple projects at once
- At least six years of experience in literacy-based curriculum development and/or literacy program management with a proven track record of student achievement results
- Exceptional understanding of a progressive approach to instruction and a wide knowledge of the most innovative and successful instructional methods across the country
- Experience creating data analysis systems and implementing those systems across a school or network of schools
- Demonstrated experience leading highly effective professional learning for teachers and/or leaders around instructional best practices
- Exceptional results leading others and managing a team to achieve ambitious goals
- Demonstrated success creating and managing systems and work product
- Incredibly high excellence bar and ownership over results
- A team player with a strong work ethic and consistent follow-through
- Ability to build lasting and meaningful relationships with team members, students, and families
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Master’s degree
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
First, learn about us! Review our website and consider whether Harlem Village Academies is the place for you. If your skills and experience are a match for this role, please apply through the careers section of our website.
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff.
Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply through the Careers section of our website: http://bit.ly/HVA-Careers.