San Francisco, CA/Silicon Valley
Asia Society, a prestigious non profit organization seeks qualified candidate for our San Francisco, CA/Silicon Valley location. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Program Manager will provide logistical and coordination support for programs, events and initiatives as well as coordinate aspects of and contribute to the Center’s content and project development.
- Coordinate private and public events and meetings in San Francisco and Silicon Valley, including booking space and logistical needs, sending invitations, helping to secure speakers, assisting in organizing the actual event, and conducting necessary follow up.
- Coordinate aspects of and contribute to ASNC content development and publications, including input for ASNC communications; and managing the marketing of public events through the creation and coordination of email campaigns.
- Prepare substantive materials for use in public and private events, including but not limited to public announcements, program handouts, talking points, PowerPoint presentations, correspondence with participants, and blogs and other social media and web content describing the event.
- Assist in the management of the Center’s corporate sponsorship pitches and programs as related to the program calendar
- Coordinate intern research outputs through oversight and review of specific research tasks and projects related to ASNC programs and projects
- Manage the program calendar with the program team
- Prepare and reconcile the monthly expenses as related to programs
- Develop and maintain systems and procedures to ensure timely and efficient workflow.
- Manage contact lists and databases as related to ASNC programs.
- Other duties as assigned
• College degree required, with 3-4 years of related work experience
•Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and an entrepreneurial spirit
•Excellent written and oral communication skills, including proofreading, and editing skills, and ability to research information and present it concisely
•Demonstrated interest in Asia
•Must be able to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently follow up on details
•Resourcefulness, with an orientation to measurable results
•Strong ability to interact across time zones and with diverse constituencies, including experts, funders/donors, and all levels of staff with tact and good judgment
•Excellent computer skills, including advanced Microsoft Office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); knowledge of Salesforce and database software preferred
•Team player willing to assist where needed
How To Apply:
Competitive salary and benefits. Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com or fax to (415) 421-2465. Indicate Code ID-1909 and job title in the subject line. No phone calls please. Asia Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required