CEO is seeking to hire a strong communicator and individual who thrives when engaging and coaching others to serve as a Job Coach/Retention Specialist (JC/RS) in our Columbus office. A successful JC/RS understands customer relationship management and the importance of quality data entry as key responsibilities include supporting the development of participants into competitive job seekers and employees and supporting participants around job retention once they become employed outside of CEO.
The JC/RS is essential to identifying and addressing participants’ barriers to employment. Through early intervention and appropriate support services, they are devoted to helping participants stay motivated while working in temporary employment and focused on their efforts to retain permanent employment. They monitor participant progress utilizing weekly targeted case management, motivational interviewing, and connections and referrals to other support services agencies.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO)provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Our programs help participants successfully transition from incarceration to stable, productive lives. Across the United States, over 5,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that support themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s has grown into the leading national reentry employment organization in the country. Through CEO, over 17,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Over the past 5 years, CEO expanded nationally into thirteen cities in New York, California, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania, and will continue to grow further in the next three years.
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with 1-3 years of related experience and a deep dedication to social justice
- You’re interested in working in a fast-paced and results-oriented nonprofit environment
- You have experience providing feedback and guidance to help clients strengthen knowledge and skills; ability to help others stay focused on and accountable to their goals
- You display consistent dedication in the face of adversity; adaptability and flexibility
- You demonstrate ability to understand and build customer relationship
- You have strong time management and prioritization skills
- You demonstrate strong project management skills; you can identify the steps of a project, set appropriate deadlines, and hold self and others accountable to outcomes and deadlines
- You’re very comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and Salesforce, with a demonstrated ability to navigate or learn to navigate technological systems quickly
- You’re able to identify potential challenges before the arise, conduct needed analyses, and offer and implement potential solutions when needed
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally with a focus in criminal justice, public administration, psychology, social work, or a related liberal arts field) preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
The Nitty Gritty
Responsibilities of the JC/RS include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist CEO in achieving targeted participant retention outcomes of 90, 180, and 365 days of full-time employment through bimonthly communication with participants
- Monitor participant progress utilizing weekly targeted case management, motivational interviewing, and connections and referrals to other support services agencies
- Develop methods to keep participants engaged in CEO services and in the labor force for twelve months from the start of the first full-time job placement
- Maintain and document the status of the relationship between the participant and CEO in our case management system, ensuring the accuracy of data
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more at ceoworks.org.
CEO is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
CEO also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application materials, including a resume and cover letter, using the link above. Please note: our application portal is optimized for use with Google Chrome.