Grand Central Station
P.O. Box 4777
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $750 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately have no endowment or reserve. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $90 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 140 full-time employees who are based in New York City.
Team Fox is MJFF’s grassroots fundraising program which is focused on raising funds and awareness for Parkinson’s research in local communities. Our global community of Team Fox members work with Team Fox staff to receive special resources and tools to transform their passions and interests into unique fundraising campaigns, special events or athletic feats.
The position of Team Fox Officer is a unique opportunity for a dedicated, entrepreneurial, results-oriented community fundraiser to make a significant impact on our growing program within the Team Fox program. The Team Fox Officer will report to the Associate Director of Team Fox. Travel is required on weekends and this position is not conducive to telecommuting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Implement and manage both general and seasonal promotions, recruitment strategies, lead conversion, and fundraising support for new and returning Team Fox members interested in creating their own or participating in, a grass-roots community fundraising event.
- Responsible for day-to-day stewardship and retention of new and returning Team Fox members and their contributors, including managing a portfolio of high capacity fundraisers
- In association with Team Fox staff and management, develop strategies to significantly expand base of members and new revenue possibilities. This will include developing new fundraising initiatives and campaigns that will engage members and their communities.
- 25% travel to significant Team Fox member events. *Travel and attendance on weekends is required.
- Collaborate with digital communications on developing strategies and creating content for Team Fox online marketing and promotions
- Manage revenue and expense budgets, including reports and reconciliation
- Ensure coordination and collaboration between the Team Fox colleagues and other MJFF staff members.
- Support Team Fox recognition events, including our MVP Awards Dinner, and other MJFF special events as needed.
- Draft correspondence including gift acknowledgements and responses to donor inquiries
- Assist in maintaining Team Fox collateral and materials
Qualifications and Skills: The ideal candidate will be a pro-active, self-directed and organized professional who possesses the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 - 5 years similar relationship management experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and excellent phone skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Is a self-starter with sound judgment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Willingness to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM software or equivalent software, a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.