SMGW seeks a Development Associate (DA) to provide critical administrative and technical support to the Development Director (DD), Executive Director (ED) and other members of the Development team in fulfilling the organization’s development plan. Broadly, the development plan provides for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of Samaritan’s donor base (a cross-section of individuals, foundations, government agencies and corporations), and the Development Associate role touches on all these components.
· Enter all contributions and relevant constituent data into DonorPerfect Online (DPO); produce acknowledgment letters, generate mailing lists, and create reports.
· Provide oversight, quality control and volunteer coordination for direct mail appeals.
· Serve as primary point person for DPO, maintaining the integrity and quality of the data in the database and offering input and ideas on other ways to incorporate DPO into ongoing Development efforts.
· Support the DD and event teams in planning and hosting special events, including but not limited to:
> Marketing and promotion for various events such as the Next Step Breakfast, annual Gala and Empowering our Neighbors in Need campaign events hosted by partner churches and schools.
> Event registration management; live and silent auction logistics for the annual SMGW Gala.
> Scheduling staff assistance and participation, in coordination with the Volunteer Manager.
· Coordinate with the Communications Associate on content production, copy editing and publication of external communications including website, mass emails (e.g., e-newsletters), social media (e.g., Facebook a \nd Twitter); and print publications such as an Annual Report.
· Provide administrative and technical support to the ED as it relates to donor and partner engagement.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Requires BA/BS degree and at least one year of Development/Fundraising or related experience, or three years of equivalent experience demonstrating progressive increases in responsibility.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to follow established procedures and maintain accurate computer records
· Strong oral communication, interpersonal and team skills, plus ability to do basic prospect research on the internet (i.e., look up addresses, use of Google and referencing websites, etc.)
· Strong writing skills especially in social media and online communications, and proofreading
· Database/CRM experience highly valued – SMGW uses DonorPerfect Online (DPO).
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) with the ability to work in, or ability and willingness to learn the following: Adobe Acrobat, Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter and
· Capacity to independently work in a service-oriented environment on multiple projects
· Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends for special events (approximately seven times a year)
· An appreciation of the life of faith and how it impacts and generates relationships and builds communities.
· Valid driver’s license and access to a car or other form of reliable transportation a plus.
SMGW seeks a Development Associate (DA) to provide critical administrative and technical support to the Development Director (DD), Executive Director (ED) and other members of the Development team in fulfilling the organization’s…
Individual Health, Dental and Vision insurance is paid by employer, along with life and long term disability insurance. Two weeks' vacation plus all federal holidays and the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. Optional 403(b) retirement plan with company match for first $1,500/year. Flexible hours and hybrid in-office/telework a possibility.
Individual Health, Dental and Vision insurance is paid by employer, along with life and long term disability insurance. Two weeks' vacation plus all federal holidays and the week…
English proficiency required
English proficiency required
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter and 250-word writing sample or samples of past writing as attachments or links to email@example.com and include "Development Associate" in the subject line.