Full Time Temporary
1 Kipling Road
P.O. Box 676
Admissions & Program Associate
Full-time, temporary position through August 2019 - Benefits Eligible
General Description: this position will work with The Experiment’s admissions team to attain enrollment targets for all Experiment summer high school programs, and support The Experiment’s Programs Team during the summer as a key member of the summer on-call team.
The Admissions & Program Associate is a full-time, temporary position through August, 2019, that will participate in The Experiment’s recruitment and conversion efforts. This person(s) will be primarily in the office to maintain customer service and phone coverage, and process application materials. The Admissions & Program Associate will also conduct sponsored applicant interviews, and support The Experiment’s online and in person pre-departure orientations. S/he will also counsel accepted participants and their parents before The Experiment’s summer abroad programs.
Admissions Counseling responsibilities:
· Office Coverage: The Temporary Admissions & Program Associate will be a primary admissions staff member in the office to maintain a high standard of phone and customer service coverage, working primarily with applicants and parents from The Fellowship Initiative (TFI) partnership for the summer 2018 domestic program and summer 2019 international program with The Experiment.
· Work closely with TFI program manager on requirements for participants and regularly provide updates on participant enrollment status for TFI staff.
Applicant Conversion: Assist with student contact and conversion throughout the inquiry, application, and pre-departure processes using the Constituent Relationship Management database. Assist admissions officers in advising prospective students and applicants about admissions policies and procedures.
· Sponsored Applicant Interviews: Assist the Partnership Coordinator and Director of Admissions by conducting individual and group interviews (mostly via phone or videoconference) with sponsored applicants.
· Pre-departure counseling: assist in the creation of pre-departure materials, disseminate information to students and parents, and assist students through the visa and other pre-departure processes.
Serve as backup to other admissions officers.
Other responsibilities as assigned.
Support The Experiment’s overall inquiry, applicant and student pool:
· Be able to speak knowledgably about financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
· Electronically record all contacts in the database and submit regular recruitment reports.
· Promote diversity in all recruitment and admissions efforts.
During Summer Programs:
- Serve as key member of the summer on-call team, trouble-shooting student incidents regarding issues such as medical review and program participation, including the investigation, documentation and advisement on special issues.
- Serve as a first point of response for all student and parent issues and concerns.
- Maintain rosters for 24 hour on-call coverage, including serving as liaison with answering service and maintaining response systems
- Participate in the 24/7 on-call coverage rotation with key members of the Programs Team.
- Manage incident data, ensuring consistency in reporting, tracking open cases for follow up, and archiving documentation.
· Provide backstop support to Program, and Admissions staff.
· Complete other assigned tasks as needed and requested by team members.
High level of comfort with technology and an interest in utilizing new technologies to increase efficiently
Experience working with adolescents and parents
Cross-cultural education experience
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Attention to detail
Customer service skills
Ability to work independently and creatively
Social media experience
Experience in advising/counseling of students.
Knowledge of a second language.
Familiarity with Experiment programs.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
Please submit resume with cover letter at:
World Learning is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer
Medical, dental, vision, life retirement, paid time off
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply