Details: Depending on Experience
1671 Beverly Boulevard
Good Shepherd Center for Homeless Women and Children, a program of Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. includes an Emergency shelter, drop-in program, mobile outreach and 3 transitional residences that offer employment skills development and supportive services for homeless women and their children is seeking someone who is dedicated to serving homeless women and children.
The Rapid rehousing case manager (RRHCM) will partner with the clients on finding and keeping permanent housing. The RRHCM will assess each client’s needs and resources and develop an individual housing plan for each client. The RRHCM will maintain a network of housing resources including shared housing, rooms for rent and subsided apartments. Must have the ability to work with a wide variety of persons experiencing homelessness; and a “whatever it takes” attitude to ending homelessness.
- Work with Program staff to identify clients eligible for the Rapid Rehousing program.
- Assists with collecting documents necessary for applying for housing.
- Complete housing related paperwork.
- Develop relationships with housing providers, property owners, and property managers.
- Input and update client’s information in HMIS.
- Serves as advocate with government agencies to obtain public assistance.
- Reassess clients to determine if services are progressing according to plan.
- Participates in outreach programs; represents program/region at community meetings.
- Helps prepare necessary reports, requisitions and statistics.
- Be a part of the client’s interdisciplinary team.
- Assists with recruitment, assessment, placement and follow-up of client services for at least one year after client is in housing.
- Provides regular evaluation of client programs to ensure satisfactory progress.
- Promotes continuous quality improvement and service delivery that is aligned with the Agency’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 4-6 years of related experience.
- Experience with unaccompanied homeless adult women.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of social work as applied to the homeless population and those who are at risk of being homeless.
- Knowledge of principles and practice techniques of interviewing, mental health, diagnostic assessment and a variety of counseling methods.
- Knowledge of cultural influence on behavior in a multicultural community.
Generous Benefits Package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AFLAC, vacation, sick and short/ long term disability.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Simultaneously mail, email or fax resume, cover letter and references to both (1) Catholic Charities of Los Angeles Human Resources Department; P.O. Box 15095, Los Angeles, CA 90015, firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (213) 251-3402, EOE; and (2) Program Manager, LCornejo@gschomeless.org Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc., is an equal-opportunity employer.