Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, nationally accredited non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Today we have over 450 employees and provide more than 40 programs for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking a casual Youth & Family Counsellor for our Trailcross Treatment Centre Program. This program provides intensive, individualized mental health treatment and therapy for youth (12-18 years) from the Northwest Territories and their families. This program is located in Fort Smith, NT.
The Youth & Family Counsellor acts as a coordinator in the planning and delivery of therapeutic activities for high risk youth. The Youth and Family Counsellor is the primary worker with young people, available for shifts that provide coverage twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week. Relocation assistance is offered.
This position reports to the Program Manager of Trailcross Treatment Centre.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Implementing and maintaining a structured setting fostering the development of personal and social functioning for each resident.
- Participating in supervisory and team meetings, retreats, planning sessions, and in-service training.
- Conducting therapeutic responsibilities for young adults and their families including attendance and intervention at case conferences, consultations, school meetings, doctor’s appointments, family meetings and related case management.
- Must be an effective, mature and appropriate role model for each resident.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in the Social Sciences, Child and Youth Care, Nursing
- Minimum two (2) years of related experience in working with young people in a residential setting.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Personal suitability is an important consideration.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, TCTC, casual YFC’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.