550 East Shaw Avenue
KIDS IN NEED OF DEFENSE
TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS ASSOCIATE – Legal Services
San Francisco Bay Area / Fresno/ Los Angeles
Background: Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) is an innovative partnership among the Microsoft Corporation, Angelina Jolie and other interested philanthropists, law firms and corporate supporters. As the leading national organization that works to ensure that no refugee or immigrant child faces immigration court alone, KIND is dedicated to providing direct and pro bono representation as well as positive systemic change in both law and policy to improve the protection of unaccompanied immigrant and refugee children. KIND also assists children who are returning to their home countries through deportation or voluntary departure to do so safely and to reintegrate into their home communities. In addition, we work to ensure the voices of these children are heard and we help them become their own advocates. Launched in fall 2008, KIND is headquartered in Washington, DC and has 10 field offices across the United States.
Responsibilities: KIND seeks a full-time Project Associate based in the San Francisco Bay Area or Fresno to support the Technology Strategies Manager in the execution of technology based solutions to support the organization. This is a full time telecommuting role. This position will require occasional travel between the Fresno and San Francisco offices as well as to the Headquarters office in Washington DC. The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Assist the Technology Project Manager in developing solutions for the organization using Microsoft Office365 and Windows Azure pertaining to client services, and overall effectiveness of technology usage for project scope;
· Research and recommend alternative technical solutions to meet project requirements efficiently and with an eye toward reusability and sustainability;
· Assist coordinating cross department coordination for project related activities;
· Assist in development of standard operating procedures, ongoing support and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance for staff and end-users;
· Support legal team with technology related issues revolving around project scope;
· Setup and support Cloud Infrastructure and networking technologies
· Support Presentation and AV requirements
· Provide administrative support as needed (ie: scheduling meetings, following up on tasks and deliverables, etc.).
Qualifications for the Ideal Candidate:
· A degree in Computer Science or related field required;
· A minimum of 2-3 years collective experience in: technical solution design, business process design, user experience design, search engine marketing, system-to-system integration, security/privacy/accessibility standards and compliance techniques, data migration, solution delivery, end user training, usage tracking and continuous operational improvement;
· Microsoft Solution Certifications in related technologies is a plus;
· Understanding of Microsoft Azure Cloud architecture/infrastructure;
· Significant knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint Architecture;
· Experience implementing and operating case management and transactional web property solutions is a plus;
· Possess significant knowledge of client server and internet systems architectures; understands the benefits of the various design methodologies and object oriented environments;
· Knowledge of LegalServer or other related legal CMS technology solutions is desirable, but not required;
· Excellent judgment and creative problem solving;
· Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff;
· Direct experience working with the service delivery and/or operations of a nonprofit organization(s) is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications, including a cover letter, resume, salary range requirements and three references, should be submitted online at: https://supportkind.org/jobs/
Applications that do not contain all of the above-listed required materials will not be considered. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible and will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants selected for interviews will be duly notified. Please no inquiries or phone calls.
KIND is an EOE committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in both its staff and work. The selected applicant will be asked to undergo a background check before acceptance of the final offer.