The Project Manager position is the first line of engagement for those interested in getting involved with USGBC locally. The objective of this position is to increase engagement with target sectors around USGBC and GBCI’s core programs. The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for growing and tracking local market membership and the number of members actively participating. He/she recruits and manages the volunteer leadership that plans and executes local programming and events. This position is also responsible for ensuring relevant, mission-based, and high-caliber programming; strong attendance at local events; and corporate and community partnerships that enhance educational content.
With support from regional leadership, this position will have primary responsibility for event planning logistics, communications, volunteer management, and fundraising to establish and grow USGBC programs in North and South Carolina as a member of the South Atlantic & South Central regional team.
*Looking for candidates that reside in North or South Carolina.*
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Develop and implement annual calendar of local programming in support of LEED project implementation, LEED Credential Maintenance, and other USGBC initiatives among targeted, local sectors.
- Utilize these engagement events to grow engagement and celebrate local green building leadership.
- Manage relationships with USGBC members and clients in market and support their engagement with USGBC and LEED.
- Manage volunteer in support of annual work plan initiatives.
- Identify and establish relationships with local partner organizations in targeted sectors to advance USGBC’s mission locally.
- Cultivate funding sources for local programing, including sponsorships, and event ticket sales.
- Manage and generate website, newsletter and social media content related to local membership, and market development updates on USGBC programs/GBCI products.
- Document program and event results for the purpose of assessing success and future planning and informing annual reporting.
This role has no direct reports.
Travel within North and South Carolina monthly and South regions occasionally as needed.
Metrics for Success
- Membership growth and retention.
- Number of and visibility for local events and initiatives.
- Attendance at local USGBC sponsored events and participation in USGBC initiatives.
- Number of partnerships and amount of financial support secured in support of programming.
- Growth in use of LEED in local market.
- Annual budget profitability.
To apply: Please email email@example.com or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.
Education & Training Requirements/Preferences
- Bachelor’s degree required
- LEED Green Associate or LEED AP with specialty preferred
- 5 years professional experience required
- Experience with event program planning and management, ideally ranging up to 500+ person conferences.
- Experience managing ongoing member and stakeholder communications
- Preferred experience working with volunteers and community-based organizations
- Preferred experience with fundraising and event management
Other Required Skills and Qualifications
- Driver’s License, ability, and willingness to drive throughout the specified region (listed above)
- Willingness to travel occasionally outside the region
- Working knowledge of the LEED rating system
- Basic understanding of green building principles and strategies for energy, water, materials, waste, and indoor air quality.
- Experience in customer-facing roles desired, particularly with members, sponsors, funders, and partners
- Experience using Mail Chimp, Eventbrite, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Salesforce preferred
- Commitment to USGBC mission
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evening and weekends