112 5th Avenue North
Position Title: Office Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt – Full Time
If saving lives and ending breast cancer appeals to you, consider a career with Susan G. Komen Puget Sound. We are seeking an Office Manager who supports the Executive Director and Board of Directors as well as managing administration of the office. The ideal candidate is committed to our mission and to supporting a wide range of events and activities to further the mission of Susan G. Komen. The candidate should have extensive office administration experience; and be organized, flexible and an excellent communicator.
- Support the financial operations of the affiliate:
- Responsibility for processing payables in collaboration with the senior accountant
- Reconciliation of monthly credit card statements
- Manage relationships with agency vendors around billing and invoicing
- Oversee and track staff expense reimbursement process
- Manage administrative support of the Board of Directors:
- Coordinate and record board and committee meetings
- Distribute all materials required for board and committee meetings
- Ensure smooth functioning of board and committee meetings
- Maintain board records and submit board documents to Komen Headquarters
- Provide administrative support to Executive Director:
- Facilitate travel arrangement (about 3 times a year)
- Helps manage high-level donor events
- Track internal processes, timelines, and deadlines
- Liaison with HR Consultant and Komen Headquarters:
- Posting job openings, scheduling interviews, and communicating with applicants
- Administrative support for new employees’ onboarding
- Manage the annual open enrollment process
- Generates staff PTO and payroll balance reports
- Support Organizational IT:
- Coordinate service and troubleshooting with IT Consultants
- Serve as the organizational systems administrator
- Office Administration:
- Welcome constituents, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing general inquiries
- Manage general condition of the office, including copy room, kitchen and other common areas; Coordinate upkeep and repair of office/facility
- Oversee inventory levels of organizational supplies and materials
- Maintain all office equipment and schedule repairs and maintenance as needed
- Receive, review and distribute mail
- Other duties as assigned
Experience: 3+ years relevant administrative/operational experience; experience in non-profits preferred; computer fluency (Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Communication skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills; diplomatic and empathetic. Ability to practice good judgement and discretion with regard to personal and confidential information.
Interpersonal skills: Ability to interact at all levels of the organization, including Board of Directors, senior team, staff, grantees, donors and sponsors; as well as an understanding of organizational dynamics
Organizational skills: Proactive, well-organized, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines; ability to work with minimal supervision, manage multiple tasks, and delegate as needed.
Computers and systems: experience with Zoom, PeopleSoft, Salesforce, accounting software or other software data management tools – Preferred.
Flexibility: Ability to work in a fast paced, highly productive environment and comfort with changes in priority and direction (and a willingness to work extra hours if necessary)
Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds and capable of standing for one hour or more
About this Company:
When people work together toward a common cause, big things happen. The Affiliate’s annual budget is $3 million in 2015. Komen Puget Sound has provided over $28.8 million in grant funds to fund mammograms, patient treatment support and breast health education in Western Washington over the past 20 years. Komen Puget Sound’s primary focus is on our local community – educating Puget Sound residents on the importance of early detection, funding screening services and providing support to those diagnosed with breast cancer.
Looking back over the last 25 years we are filled with gratitude for the donors, supporters and volunteers who have stood by our Affiliate and shared our fight against breast cancer. By working together, we will continue to move relentlessly forward towards fulfilling a promise of a world free from breast cancer. It’s a promise, not just to ourselves, but to generations to come.
Komen Puget Sound is a separate corporation from the national organization and is governed by a local board of directors. None of the funds raised by Komen Puget Sound support the national organization’s operating expenses. This makes the ‘Komen Model’ truly unique and allows us to make significant impact on the needs of our constituents, the women, and their families, who live in our 16 county service area. We Live Here, We Save Lives Here.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties and responsibilities may vary based on assignment.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required