1395 Lexington Avenue
The Research and Development Associate supports the Development department by providing essential assistance for 92Y’s Prospect Research and Donor Relations activities. The Associate plays a key role in improving the various day-to-day systems that support the department in achieving the required contributed revenue financial targets. The Associate’s time will be split between research related work (approximately 70% of the role) and donor relations related work (approximately 30% of the role).
- Provide confidential research profiles producing detailed biographical, financial and philanthropic information; analyze prospect assets and giving history to estimate gift capacity.
- Manage and fulfill research requests on an on-going basis in a timely manner.
- Collaborate closely with major gift officers on research requests and prospect identification.
- Assist the Associate Director, Prospect Research on the implementation of protocols as they relate to the transference of research intelligence into Tessitura database; assist in database analysis.
- Track event guest lists and produce event research for cultivation and special events throughout the year.
- Assist the Donor Relations team by providing support for all cultivation events, including correspondence, report generation and day-of administration and greeting.
- Prepare and assemble Donor Relations mailings and email correspondence as needed, including invitations, reports and annual reports.
- Provide impeccable customer service to 92Y supporters of all levels, including answering inquiries and fulfilling ticketing requests for donors.
- Perform other related duties as requested or assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum three years working within development / fundraising required.
- Strong research, data analytics, project management and administration skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills required to deal with the public, including major and high-profile donors as well as internal colleagues.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading and analytical skills.
- Must work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Proven high-level of expertise in using Microsoft Office Suite accompanied by a strong eye for detail.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities or unexpected situations.
- Experience with research tools such as iWAVE, WealthEngine, LexisNexis, RelSci, Foundation Directory and others strongly preferred.
- Experience in Tessitura or other CRM database strongly preferred.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm. Some flexibility to work evening events will be required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit our careers page to submit your resume and a cover letter.