Details: Based on skills and qualifications
1415 Summit Ave
The Northwest School is a college-preparatory, co-educational independent school near the heart of downtown Seattle. We offer a rich and challenging program to roughly 500 students in grades 6 through 12, including 80 international students, many of whom live in our campus dormitory. The Northwest School is committed to a diverse workplace and expects applicants to have a commitment to diversity and social justice. We firmly believe that we are a richer, more creative and dynamic institution when our collective is built with a diverse set of community members. The Northwest School strives for its faculty and student body to reflect the diversity of the society in which they exist. Candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
This position supports the School’s mission statement by managing all aspects of the Transportation function for the School. The Transportation program gets students safety from school to sports practices, games, class trips, and outings using a fleet of small and large buses. Some buses require commercial drivers licenses (CDL) to operate.
- All candidates must demonstrate a commitment to the school’s mission, values, and philosophy, especially related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and environmental sustainability.
- High school diploma and minimum of seven (7) years licensed driving experience, with three (3) years of commercial driving experience preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Prior experience providing transportation services to the public helpful.
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience supervising drivers, preferably in a school environment. Previous fleet management experience preferred.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must understand and keep current on DOT regulations.
- Demonstrated skill with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), internet research, and the aptitude and willingness to learn new software programs as needed.
- Must have valid WA State Commercial Drivers License - Class B or higher with Air Brake and Passenger endorsements.
- Current WA State driving abstract required with no serious traffic infractions in the past five years.
- Current DOT physical card or ability to pass a WA State Department of Licensing physical.
- Must be willing to participate in and pass a drug screen, both pre-employment and random, as required by the DOT and the School throughout the period of employment.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work as needed.
Salary is highly competitive with top independent schools in the region and commensurate with education and experience. The Northwest School offers an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and life and accident insurance coverage, fully paid for employee only coverage. A retirement program matches up to 6% of an employee's salary after one year of service in a 403(b) plan. An intentional, mission focused school culture, generous time off, lunch, access to the on-site fitness facility, an exceptional commitment to professional development, and a unique urban location are also benefits of working at the Northwest School.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume online: http://northwestschool.org/about-the-school/employment
**Please note: we are unable to fully consider materials submitted through other avenues such as Indeed.com without a corresponding application through our website.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or marital status.