ACTION is looking for the next great member of our effective and successful Secretariat team based in Washington DC! The ACTION Global Health Advocacy Partnership (www.action.org) is made up of locally rooted partner organizations around the world that advocate together for life-saving interventions for millions of people threatened by preventable and treatable diseases.
ACTION works to increase investments and build political support for equitable access to health and nutrition. Amongst other policy and advocacy successes, ACTION partners have helped mobilize billions of dollars for the fight against malnutrition, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria, and Gavi, the Vaccines Alliance.
Reporting to the ACTION Secretariat Director, the ACTION Program Assistant is responsible for supporting programs and management of a global network of organizations and individuals across 5 continents that advocate together to improve access to health. The ACTION Program Assistant is accountable for the smooth operations of the ACTION Secretariat, provides program support to ACTION Secretariat and partners, and contributes to effective internal and external communications. The ACTION Program Assistant also supports the overall success of the ACTION partnership, partner meetings, and other major organizational initiatives.
· Administrative support:
o Support meetings and calls, including scheduling across multiple teams and organizations, developing and distributing agendas, managing conference call systems, and recording and disseminating notes and follow-up items;
o Support budgeting, expense reporting, and file management.
· Program support:
o Maintain and update key advocacy campaign tools, including global health resource tracking and campaign planning documents;
o Assist in the management of the nutrition portfolio, conduct research on ACTION issues, and attend and report on meetings and calls on behalf of ACTION, as needed;
o Track timelines and deliverables for ACTION Secretariat-managed activities.
· Internal and external communications:
o Lead social media and other communications for ACTION;
o Amplify the work of the ACTION partnership and identify thought leadership opportunities;
o Maintain contact databases;
o Monitor incoming email communication and direct to relevant team members.
· Monitoring, evaluation, and reporting:
o Coordinate the collection of monitoring and evaluation data from team members and partners for the purposes of reporting to donors;
o Maintain and update key monitoring, evaluation, and learning tools, including workplans and reporting templates and after-action guides.
· ACTION partner meetings and international conference:
o Assist with planning and implementing an annual advocacy conference in Washington, DC;
o Coordinate annual all-partner meeting and other ACTION planning meetings.
Responsibilities may be revised periodically.
· Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail;
· Strong written and verbal communications skills and social media skills;
· Strong and demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency in Office365;
· Experience in organizing events and meetings;
· Experience and interest in working as part of a team and collaborating on projects;
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing and managing multiple projects and deadlines;
· Familiarity with international development issues, including global health, as well as experience and comfort with working in an international environment;
· 1–3 years of relevant experience in a professional office environment;
· Ability to travel globally if needed.
ACTION is looking for the next great member of our effective and successful Secretariat team based in Washington DC! The ACTION Global Health Advocacy Partnership (www.action.org) is made up of locally rooted partner organizations around…
Benefits at RESULTS are a critical part of caring for our staff, and benefits have only been increased in at least the last ten years, however all benefits are reviewed annually and are subject to change. The benefits stated below are effective through October 31, 2021.
· As a DC-based employer, RESULTS Educational Fund is required to use DC Health Link—a “onestop shop” where individuals can compare, shop and purchase health insurance plans.
· RESULTS Educational Fund has chosen CareFirst’s Blue Choice Advantage HSA/HRA Bronze 6000 plan as its “reference plan”. RESULTS Educational Fund will pay 100% of the monthly premium for this plan (or the equivalent for any other allowed plan selected by an employee). Coverage begins on the first day of the month following your start date.
· For all staff and their families, RESULTS Educational Fund pays 100% of the premiums and out-of-pocket costs (deductibles, co-pays, prescriptions, etc.) for our CareFirst reference plan, which includes medical and dental coverage.
· Coverage begins on the first day of the month following (or coinciding with) your start date.
· RESULTS offers flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation/parking costs to which employees may contribute with pre-tax payroll deductions.
· Employees are eligible for flexible spending accounts on the first day of the month following 90 days of employment up to the limits allowable by the IRS.
· RESULTS offers a 401(k) Retirement Plan which has both pre- and post-tax contribution options.
· Employees are eligible to enroll on the first day of the month following their date of hire.
· To enroll, an employee must designate an individual contribution (via payroll deductions) and choose from among a variety of investment options.
· In addition, RESULTS will begin making an employer match on the first day of the month following an employee’s one-year service anniversary. Under a Safe Harbor Agreement, RESULTS has agreed to match 100% of the employee contribution up to 3% of salary, then match 50% on any additional contributions up to 5% of salary.
· RESULTS also offers short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage at no cost to employees. Short term disability insurance monthly benefit maximum: 60% of weekly earnings to a maximum of $1,500. Long-term disability insurance monthly benefit maximum: 60% of monthly earnings to a maximum of $6,000. The life insurance benefit amount is one year’s salary up to $150,000 maximum. The effective date for this coverage is the employee’s date of hire.
· RESULTS offers generous paid annual leave earned on an accrual basis and carried forward from year-to-year but capped at the following levels: 15 days of vacation, 10 days of sick leave, and 5 days of personal leave.
· All leave (other than emergency sick leave) must be approved in advance by the supervisor.
· New employees will earn leave pro-rata based on their date of hire and may use vacation and personal leave upon successful completion of 90 days of employment.
· RESULTS generally observes nine (9) official holidays each year. In addition, all offices are closed between the Christmas Day and New Year’s Day holidays with no requirement to use annual leave.
Benefits at RESULTS are a critical part of caring for our staff, and benefits have only been increased in at least the last ten years, however all benefits are reviewed annually and…
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates. Due to the volume of submissions, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Please send cover letter with a 2 page writing sample accompanied by your resume to email@example.com subject line: “ACTION - Program Assistant”
RESULTS believes that poverty cannot end as long as oppression exists and is committed to creating an equitable workplace. People of color, members of LGBTQ+ communities, and people with firsthand experience of poverty are strongly encouraged to apply.
RESULTS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, disability, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates. Due to the volume of submissions, we will not be able to respond to all…