Community Partners offers expert guidance, essential services, and a strong dose of passion to help foster, launch, and grow creative solutions to community challenges. For almost 30 years, hundreds of individuals, groups, foundations and other institutions have worked with Community Partners to create new nonprofit projects, establish coalitions, and manage major philanthropic initiatives to benefit the region.
Across all program areas, Community Partners works toward our organizational vision: A vibrant society in which individuals and institutions use knowledge, resources, and relationships to build equitable, democratic and thriving communities.
Our work includes:
We provide the structure, finance and administrative services, expert counsel and connections that help nonprofit leaders succeed.
We help foundations, corporations, government agencies and other institutions achieve greater impact.
We offer workshops, reports, speaking engagements and a range of publications to help strengthen the field.
Community Partners today works with upwards of 180 fiscally-sponsored projects and 15-25 initiatives and manages roughly $80 million in revenues annually. Our work spans the fields of civic engagement, arts and culture, education, social justice, health, public policy, social services and youth. To learn more, please visit us at www.CommunityPartners.org.
Community Partners seeks a full time, hourly (non-exempt) Senior Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Program Manager, this position provides administrative support for the planning and execution of the Intermediary Programs as well peer learning convenings, workshops, trainings, and other events.
· Comfortably utilize Zoom and other digital platforms to host recurring webinars, virtual convenings and team meetings.
· Collect and maintain key documentation.
· Coordinate and prepare for convenings, workshops, trainings, and other events
· Organize and schedule meetings and appointments for internal colleagues.
· Develop and coordinate organizational systems and processes.
· Provide technical support to CBOs (Community Based Organizations)
· Review and verify timesheets and other information in order to maintain accurate payroll data.
· Assist with compiling and formatting content including grant reports, timelines, and other documents.
· Track project timelines and remind internal and external colleagues about deadlines.
· In case of eventual in-person events:
• Travel to meetings, conferences, and other work-related events and be on-call during those events to ensure that logistics run smoothly and participants’ needs are met.
• Coordinate event registration and logistics, including ordering and picking up supplies and preparing, printing, and collating materials such as badges, signage, handouts, evaluations, agendas, etc.
· Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing other duties as needed
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) with 2-4 years of relevant work experience is required.
· Must have excellent organizational skills, be highly attentive to detail, and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a busy, fast-paced, and evolving team environment. A passion and proven track record for detail-oriented work is required.
· Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor in communicating with staff members at all levels throughout the organization, and with vendors and other external stakeholders.
· Able to understand an issue and take the initiative to develop and implement solutions.
· Experience in planning, and executing high-quality events.
· Proficiency in MS Office is required.
· We welcome applications from people who consider themselves under-represented in the nonprofit sector even if they feel they meet only some of the qualifications.
· Experience working on simultaneous projects with different team leads a plus.
Benefits include paid holidays and vacation, a 403(b) plan with employer match, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, metro pass, and a range of professional development opportunities. Community Partners has a 9/80 work week option under which employees may elect to work 80 hours in 9 days and take every other Friday off (after completion of introductory period).
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume by clicking here.
Community Partners® is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Community Partners offers expert guidance, essential services, and a strong dose of passion to help foster, launch, and grow creative solutions to community challenges. For almost 30 years, hundreds of individuals, groups…