Summary: Catholic Charities of Yolo-Solano (hereinafter “CCYS”) provides supportive services to low-income individuals and families in the counties of Yolo and Solano since 1942, offering services that promote human dignity and advance social justice.
NOTE: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Catholic Charities Yolo-Solano (CCYS) is seeking a full time Nutrition Educator for Solano County. This position supports CCYS’s mission by strengthening families through health education. The Nutrition Educator provides educational classes and education promotion to low-income individuals and families to support healthy eating and active living in Solano County. The Nutrition Educator is also responsible for assisting with the implementation of multi-level evidence-based interventions to make positive changes in healthy eating and active living environments at partner community sites.
Nutrition & Physical Activity Education & Promotion
• Teach nutrition, food safety, physical activity and food resource management education classes to low-income individuals and families, using state approved curriculum and materials.
• Distribute linguistically and culturally appropriate nutrition education materials at partner sites, through various social media channels, and at health fairs and other community or promotional events where nutrition education messages are delivered.
• Coordinate program activities with other agency services and programs, where appropriate.
Community Assessment & Engagement Activities
• Support community assessment activities specifically outlined in the three-year CalFresh Healthy Living work plan for implementation of evidence-based interventions.
• Support community engagement activities to increase local community participation in CalFresh Healthy Living activities.
Coordination and Collaboration Activities
• Maintain existing partnerships with program sites and community organizations and collaborate to recruit participants and implement program activities.
• Establish new sites to deliver services in the local community.
• Liaison with Local Implementing Agencies (LIAs) in implementing the program and coordination of activities.
Trainings and Technical Assistance
• Attend and participate in program trainings (some require overnight stays), and incorporate information into program delivery.
• Provide training and technical assistance to partner site staff and volunteers in support of the implementation of program interventions.
Program Data & Reporting
• Collect, track, and report accurate and complete program data into the Program Evaluation and Reporting System (PEARS) on a monthly basis.
• Capture photos, videos, and written testimonials to highlight participant and program success stories.
● Demonstrate a fundamental respect for the dignity of others.
● Understands and values quality improvement, able to effectively address overlapping projects and deadlines. Adaptable and reliable in the face of conflict, crisis, or changing priorities
● A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion, valuing a diversity of perspectives and encouraging contributions by all team members
● High analytical abilities to process large amounts of data from multiple sources
● Ability to prioritize across multiple types of work and coordinate the work of others
● Be a proven team builder
● Ability to network and interact internally and externally
● Experience serving clients from many different cultures
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience
• Understands CCYS mission and is responsible, adaptive, resourceful, innovative & solution focused and team oriented.
● Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
● Proficient in technology, computer operation, word processing and spreadsheets, specifically using Microsoft Office Suite, and/or Google G-Suite. The ability to learn new data-base systems.
● Detail oriented, highly organized, thorough, and accurate.
● Ability to assume responsibility and work independently in an organized and trustworthy manner.
● Actively engages in problem solving; Seeks resolution of conflicts. Is organized, efficient, and effective; Sets goals for work tasks: Identifies priority issues; Meets productivity standards.
• Availability to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
• Must have reliable transportation, able to provide California's driver license, and able to travel to community locations within Solano County.
● Able to safely lift up to 50 lbs
● Bilingual (Spanish or Tagalog) preferred
Summary: Catholic Charities of Yolo-Solano (hereinafter “CCYS”) provides supportive services to low-income individuals and families in the counties of Yolo and Solano since 1942, offering services that promote human dignity and advance…
● Bilingual (Spanish or Tagalog) preferred.
● Bilingual (Spanish or Tagalog) preferred.
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted and required to fill out additional supplement forms.
No Phone calls please.
Position is open until filled.