Details: 30 hours a week
620 18th Avenue East
Job Title: Events Manager
Reports to: Development Director
Hours: 30 hours per week- part time (evenings and weekends as needed)
Benefits:Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability
Jubilee’s mission is to support women experiencing poverty to build stable and fulfilling futures,
one extraordinary woman at a time.
Position Description: The Events Manager is responsible for Event Fundraising efforts within Jubilee Women’s Center in support of overall Fund Development goals. This position also serves as primary organizer of all logistics involved in establishing and delivering internal organizational events.
Duties and Responsibilities
Fundraising Event Management
· Lead, plan and execute two annual events ranging in size from 230-450+ guests and generating $350k+ annually with an emphasis on increasing donors and revenue
· Cultivate table captains and event audience in partnership with Board and associated networks, with practiced confidence and experience
· Develop and execute event project timelines, engage board and staff by delegating tasks, setting clear timelines and goals, and continually tracking progress
· Develop event revenue goals and expenses, set and track targets to measure progress against goals
· Manage relationships with third party vendors including venue, catering, auctioneers, consultants, audio/visual, etc.
· In collaboration with leadership staff, develop event programming: event “website”, video content and production, guest speakers and messaging, etc.
· Coordinate all day-of activities; develop staff roles, oversee vendors, manage program flow, act as primary contact for venue staff, etc.
· Manage, grow, and solicit a personal portfolio of sponsors and sponsor prospects
· Research and identify potential corporate partners; employ creative strategies to maintain a robust prospect list, use relationship building skills to acquire new sponsors
· Assign portfolios to board, ensure that stewardship and solicitations occur in a strategic and timely manner
· Develop a simple stewardship plan for current and lapsed sponsors
Organization Events Management
· Coordinate end of year Holiday celebrations, i.e. staff and resident parties
· Collaborate with Leadership and manage planning process to open house events
· Identify locations and logistics for annual Staff Retreat
· Research and employ creative strategies around national holidays to create a celebratory feel among Jubilee’s different facilities
· Coordinate special milestones celebrations, i.e. staff birthdays, work anniversaries etc.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
· 3+ years of nonprofit experience; demonstrable experience in fundraising, events, and/or large-scale project management
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent level of training and experience
· Strong relationship builder; not afraid to make asks and drive relationships
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail and with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of the team
· Experience working with CRM databases, email marketing, and auction fundraising software such as AuctionMastroPro
· Demonstrated functionality with Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) interpersonal and diplomacy skills
· Candidates must show a proven ability to handle confidential information about donors, staff, residents and volunteers
· Sensitivity toward cultural, racial, ethnic, socio-economic and sexual identity diversity
· Flexible, with a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement in a rapidly changing environment
· Transportation such as personal automobile
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jubilee Women’s Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Jubilee’s policy to actively seek a diverse pool of candidates from a variety of backgrounds, who are committed to Jubilee’s mission. Jubilee is an equal opportunity employer without respect to race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other bias protected by federal, state or local law. www.jwcenter.org
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability
Minimum Education Required