Program Coordinator (Full-Time)
1129 20th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
SID-Washington (SID-Washington) is the largest and most active chapter of the Society for International Development (SID), an international network founded in 1957 to serve as a global forum dedicated to sustainable economic, social and political development. Through the locally-driven programs of our member organizations and individuals, the majority of whom work on the front lines of development, we are uniquely positioned to inform and promote more inclusive, equitable, and sustainable international development.
As a membership-driven knowledge organization for the global development community, we pursue our mission through regional and thematic workgroups, monthly chapter events, and special programs. We also hold annual flagship events, including an annual conference, a career fair for entry-level and mid-level professionals, and an annual dinner that celebrates standout achievements in our field and brings together thought leaders to address our community directly.
Our individual and institutional members include development practitioners from NGOs, the private sector, bilateral and multilateral institutions, think tanks, embassies, and universities. Our expansive membership contributes to the dynamic exchange of ideas and information that lies at the heart of SID-Washington.
About the Role
SID-Washington is seeking one full-time coordinator to support communications and programmatic efforts across the organization. S/he will work together with another program coordinator on the responsibilities below. S/he will be joining a tight-knit team, and will therefore be offered increasing autonomy and responsibility, as well as management experience.
Former SID-Washington associates and staff have moved on to work at the Atlantic Council, Chemonics International, FHI 360 and U.S. State Department, as well as to pursue a Fulbright grant and Peace Corps assignment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Programming and Event Planning
- Coordinate, oversee, and serve as the main contact for annual event logistics (Annual Conference, Annual Career Fair, and Annual Dinner)
- Manage vendor relationships
- Track and maintain program budget
- Support collaboration and coordination with current and potential SID-Washington members on programming partnerships
- Coordinate social media communications including: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Update and manage the events-based portions of the SID-Washington website
- Co-manage event-related outreach and marketing initiatives
- Recruit and co-manage interns supporting programs and communications
- Work closely to lead staff members in all programmatic efforts
- Bachelor’s degree required, preference in international relations, hospitality management, communications, or similar
- Excellent event planning/conference planning and facilitation skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to create and manage budgets
- Ability to work with vendors and manage contracts (printers, caterers, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically MS Word and Excel, design software, such as Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator
- Knowledge of website maintenance
- Ability to solve problems creatively, undertake detail-oriented work, and work well as a member of a team
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment and remain calm under pressure
- 100% employer-paid health premiums: medical, dental and life insurance
- Employer-sponsored 401k program, including company match percentage
- Flexible vacation policy, including all federal holidays
- Option to work from home up to one day per week, upon successful six-month review
- Access to building gym
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample (1-3 pages), and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Program Coordinator Application). Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis, with interviews beginning on Monday, June 11th for an early July start date.