Consistent with the mission, vision, and values of National League of Cities (NLC), the Business Analytics Data Specialist, Senior is responsible for serving as technical lead in driving NLC’s data and business analytics that sustain, measure, and improve organization performance. Support data tools and platforms including NLC’s association management system, netFORUM and systems integration across NLC. Develop processes and dashboards that track key performance indicators across the organization.
• Provide assistance and respond to information requests from NLC staff, member cities, state municipal leagues, and other interested parties on data housed in netFORUM.
• Lead implementation of data and system integration projects to support NLC’s mission including coordination with DEMC team to develop and deploy data visualizations, dashboards, and other new tools to NLC’s website.
• Manage data cloud platform including training relevant NLC staff on use and data management with netFORUM.
• Design and develop data sources for internal key performance indicators and program area projects.
• Manage staff netFORUM user accounts including account set up and user privileges and groups.
2. Business Analytics
• Develop netFORUM SQL queries based on staff and business analytics needs.
• Work with NLC staff to devise key performance indicators for NLC finance (including improved grants management), human resources, membership, marketing and communications, and business events departments, and program areas as needed.
• Design and implement data collection processes and dashboards to inform and improve organizational performance.
• Support development of unified and formalized vendor and contract management processes and systems across NLC to achieve efficiencies and assess social equity impact of NLC’s annual spend.
3. Technical Support and Assistance
• Manage data SharePoint site and supporting resources including netFORUM standard operating procedures .
• Support day-to-day responses to staff netFORUM support tickets and identify trends to inform longer-term process and data management improvements/solutions.
4. Staff Training
• Develop and deliver on-going netFORUM user training based on staff, department, and organizational needs and priorities.
• Consult with NLC Centers/Departments/programs, develop staff training, and provide on-going support in continuing to develop and track key performance indicators.
• Support development of on-going staff data use and management training.
5. Perform other duties and complete special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Work is typically performed in a standard office setting working at a desk or table on a level surface. Minimal travel is expected. May be required to work more hours than normal during a regular workweek depending on workload and deadline requirements.
Consistent with the mission, vision, and values of National League of Cities (NLC), the Business Analytics Data Specialist, Senior is responsible for serving as technical lead in driving NLC’s data and business analytics that sustain, measure…