District of Columbia
Position: Office Manager - DC
Organization: After-School All-Stars
Location: National Headquarters in Washington, DC
Founded in 1992, After-School All-Stars is a national non-profit organization which provides free, daily afterschool programs to nearly 75,000 children on nearly 350 school sites in 19 chapters across the U.S. Our vision for our All-Stars are: to be healthy and active, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a career that they love and to give back to their communities.
A Unique Opportunity:
After-School All-Stars is currently seeking a driven, proactive Office Manager (OM) to support the President, National Network, and the National Headquarters in Washington, DC. The OM will be crucial to the overall management and strategy of the ASAS headquarters in Washington, DC, and can expect to gain a wealth of knowledge about non-profit management and outreach strategies.
General responsibilities include:
Advocacy and Network
· Calendar and contact management of the President, including meeting coordination, scheduling, and follow up
· Handle all travel for the office of the President and the DC headquarters
· Act as liaison for the President as necessary
· Draft written correspondence on behalf of President, including network wide communications, advocacy and policy updates, and national and local outreach
· Coordinate high level meetings and organizational gatherings
· Cultivate and maintain relationships between the ASAS national office and the broader ASAS network
· Support the regional leadership teams as needed
Administration and Office Management
· Support the operations of the DC home office, including: ordering stationary supplies; maintaining a well-organized, stocked supply cabinet, ordering new office supplies when needed; coordinating supplies/service for copy machine, computers and phones; organizing and maintain storage areas; manage office subscriptions, managing scheduling of common spaces
· Support office technology, telecommunications, and building management
· Coordinate mail and shipping: posting, processing and dropping off of mail and/or UPS and FedEx; maintain mail and shipping supplies.
· General administrative support: logistical event planning assistance; supporting ad hoc staff administrative tasks as needed
· Other duties as assigned
Who should apply?
The OM will embody ASAS’s core values: entrepreneurial, collaborative, transparent, accountable, and proactive. An undergraduate degree is preferred. The successful candidate will be extremely organized and detail oriented, have strong communication skills, excellent writing skills, and be capable of multi-tasking and juggling multiple priorities and deadlines. The EA must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and discretion, as the EA have access to sensitive organizational information. Candidates should have a desire to demonstrate exceptional skills in a high level, high profile position.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position (40 hours/week); the starting hourly rate for this position is $21 and is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the individual candidate. ASAS offers a competitive benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, 18 days of paid time off, and 15 paid holidays
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to: email@example.com. Your cover letter should be in PDF format, addressed to the Senior Director of Talent Development, and indicate how your experience is relevant to this role with After-School All-Stars. Please put “OM” and your last name in the subject heading.